View Full Version : Nokia N95 Ringtone-moan

jimwilx1
16-04-2007, 03:15 PM
I need some help... I love my new N95. I waited ages for it and think it is great but... whenever it rings it sounds like it is being drowned in a bucket of water. Itís embarrassingÖ Iím not using a MP3 or using a ringtone saved on the memory card just the simple pre-installed 'out of the box' Nokia tunes saved on the phone itself.

The first ring is fine and then it goes up and down in pitch and sounds stupid / weird like an old tape walkman that is running out of battery (if you remember). The phone plays MP3ís and MP4ís just fine and when you preview the ringtones making your selection all is well. It only happens when I receive an incoming call. At first I thought it was a memory thing and then a vibrating thing but when I turn the vibrate function off it still happens and as Iíve already mentioned the ringtones are saved on the phone.

Help someone pleaseÖ thanks.

menhel
16-04-2007, 03:25 PM
theres an app sumwhere called 3d tones in the enu disable tht and u shud b fine

jimwilx1
16-04-2007, 03:43 PM
theres an app sumwhere called 3d tones in the enu disable tht and u shud b fine
Many thanks menhel... you are a star!

PhreakTastic
10-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Thank you menhel had exactly the same problem :)

raid517
10-06-2007, 08:40 PM
What is it the 3D tones is supposed to do anyway?

PhreakTastic
10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Make it sound like its being drowned in a bucket of water :laugh:

Halon
10-06-2007, 11:31 PM
What is it the 3D tones is supposed to do anyway?

It's supposed to give it a 'spacial stereo' surround sound, and it does work very well with some tones and on some settings.

Other times, it makes an otherwise decent tone sound like the phone is in a bucket of water.

3Shirts
14-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I tried to compare this by putting my phone in a bucket of water. It stopped working :(