View Full Version : N95 Media Key

Nyxmorph
13-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Hiya,

Under vodafone it appears the N95 media key doesnt do anything at all (we have a couple of N95's in the office under Vodafone and it looks like a vodafone firmware problem, whereas it does work under other firmwares in the office). Anyone found a solution to this?

Also, I cannot find the great little app which changes the media key functionality! I have done a little reading, and it looks like a good few N series phones dont have the ability to change the media key. Any solution to this?

Many thanks for any help.

eyecam
13-04-2007, 12:06 PM
The media button on my Vodafone N95 takes you to the media menu.
Thought that is waht is was supposed to do, the same as sliding out the media key.

chrsfrwll
13-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Under vodafone it appears the N95 media key doesnt do anything at all....Also, I cannot find the great little app which changes the media key functionality! I have done a little reading, and it looks like a good few N series phones dont have the ability to change the media key. Any solution to this?

Not really sure what your problem is but, the media key should take you to the Media menu, which has things like Music Player, Visual Radio, Gallery etc showing. It is easy to change which apps are shown her, by simply selecting Options > Menu Items ... > Options (again) > Add ... from where you can add Application/Bookmark or Radio Station.

Nyxmorph
13-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Hmmm, interesting what you say eyecam, all our Vodafone ones here that key doesnt work, Im getting another Vodafone N95 soon, see what that one does. (If I slide the media keys out, that does display the media menu correctly)

As for actually changing the media key itself (to something like New SMS) Ive heard rumours that the program is in the OS, but no link to it on the menus, you have to run the program with a file explorer.

ashcook123
20-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I also have the same problem with the media key not responding and the slide not loading up the mdeia centre. However I am with Orange and have had the phone for two days. What can I do? Its more than annoying.

Nyxmorph
20-04-2007, 09:20 AM
AHA!

Someone on the firmware versions thread has apparently spotted, that if you set a repeat alarm on work days, and it has alarmed once then the media key does not work after that and needs a phone restart before it works again.

Havent had the chance to try it though!

EDIT: LOL, confirmed, just tried it - what a bizarro little bug!!!