View Full Version : voice commands (navigation) problem

alipcsey
10-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi!

I live in Hungary and I bought a Nokia N95 last week. I am getting familiar with the phone now. However I always bump into some kind of a problem or a bug, when trying to download the "voice commands" for the navigation software. I have a Wifi network at home, everything works fine on it, however when the phone attempts to download the voices for the navigation software, it will always stop loading somewhere around 10%. Sometimes 3% sometimes 20%. Sometimes even the phone restarts. This problem is very frustrating. I also tried to dowload them on a WAP or different network with no luck until now.

I would greatly appreciate if someone who has already dowloaded the voice commands (English laguage pls.) could manually copy them from the phone and somehow send them over to me, so that I can manually upload them. I have no other ideas for now.

mabsey
10-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I had to leave my phone on the window connected to the wireless lan for sometime. Checking the files, it says they are 191mb in size. It got stuck at multi times, but picked up again all the way through but kept pausing at various points. How long have you left it? Mine took about 20 minutes in total.

Mabsey

alipcsey
12-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I left it several times for like 1 hour but it didn't work. After all I went to my school and connected to wifi there... downloading voice commands finished successfully and took about 30 seconds.

Looks like the problem was with my wifi connection for the first time.

Thanks for the help though.