View Full Version : Nokia N95: Faulty or Bug Ridden

MrFirey
07-04-2007, 07:37 AM
My N95 is driving me to distraction. It slows to a crawl or even a complete halt all the time during any number of operations. It crashes all the time and becomes completely unresponsive to the point I have to remove the battery to switch it off in order to switch it back on again. The web browser can only ever manage a couple of pages before giving the message "Web: No gateway reply". When this occurs there is no chance of further browsing without switching the phone off and back on again. My Netgear router happily communicates wirelessly with several other computers in the house. I was very excited about getting an N95 but having had it for three days I''m on the verge of sending it back. Any ideas?

Biggzy
07-04-2007, 07:55 AM
hi, try a 3 key format, hold green call key, 3 key and * key, then hold power key, hold the keys till the fone asks for the time and date etc, u mite want to bak ur contacts up as u will loose everything, about ur wifi prob, log into ur routers settings and change the wifi chanel to 8 or above, the default is 6, i had probs with my router but now its on chanel 8 everything works fine

b737800@cytanet
07-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Any other ideas? (solutions preferably) :con?

Changing channels doesn't solve the issue for me... :mad:

Rafe
07-04-2007, 01:24 PM
You'll need to give us more information.

What router do you have for example? What security settings are you using etc.

Obviously such crashes should not be happening, most people on here seem to be getting on fine. Perhaps you've ended up with a dodgy phone.

You might want to try using connection manager to end the wifi connection and then try again rather than rebooting the phone.

Rafe

nutter426
12-04-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm having similar problems with random crashes, and at home I have a battery life of about 3 hours!
I can't get into connection manager to see what connections are active, because it crashes.
Mine is a T-Mobile UK model if it matters

mobad
12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm having similar problems with random crashes, and at home I have a battery life of about 3 hours!
I can't get into connection manager to see what connections are active, because it crashes.
Mine is a T-Mobile UK model if it matters

Switch off 3g, bluetooth and wiresles scanning. You will then get a full days worth of use.