View Full Version : Wanted: Combined power/USB cable

chimaera
05-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi guys

I'm looking for a combined power/data cable for my N95

To give you an idea what I mean, below is the one for my PSP:

http://chimaera.arafel.org.uk/pictures/misc/example.jpg

The USB type A plug on the right goes into a computer while the mini USB and power cables go into the appropriate connectors on the PSP.

I'd like one for my N95 - any idea if anyone sells one yet?

stuclark
05-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Have you checked whether the USB connector can provide enough power to charge the N95?

If so, this would be a very good product to have :)

Locoblade
05-04-2007, 09:28 PM
If the USB port supported charging, surely Nokia would supply a charger that used the USB port rather than have an additional jack plug to charge it?

stuclark
05-04-2007, 10:07 PM
If the USB port supported charging, surely Nokia would supply a charger that used the USB port rather than have an additional jack plug to charge it?
The USB port does NOT support charging, but the point of this cable is that it uses the standard charging port, yet drawing that power from the same source as where the data goes...

xerxes
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi guys

I'm looking for a combined power/data cable for my N95

To give you an idea what I mean, below is the one for my PSP:

http://chimaera.arafel.org.uk/pictures/misc/example.jpg

The USB type A plug on the right goes into a computer while the mini USB and power cables go into the appropriate connectors on the PSP.

I'd like one for my N95 - any idea if anyone sells one yet?

Nokia sells exactly this lead for their older phones, only with a pop port plug instead of the mini usb. Given that all Nokia's new designs are now using mini usb instead of pop port it can only be a matter of time before Nokia releases an updated lead.

Locoblade
07-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Ah sorry, I didn't look closely at the pic :)

Thinking about it though, the POP port on older Nokias supports charging for when the phone is plugged into a cradle, so I'd expect the same to be true of the USB port? If not how would a car cradle charge it without having a specific plug for each phone with the correct spacing between USB and power connector?

shalorsar
09-04-2007, 08:30 AM
I purchased a USB charger under the brand of "Travel Pac" in Singapore for about S$20. Haven't really tried it yet as only want it for travelling. Hope it helps.