View Full Version : Wierd N93i Problem - Stops responding when starting up

Micx
21-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi! I just got a brand new Nokia N93i. And I just love it!

However, after about 10 hours of use, i was taking a photo. When I changed to photomode on the mobile, the sceen just faded black. I had to restart the mobile about 5 times before it started normaly. I didn't think to much over it, but when I woke up today I flipped up the phone to check if i had gotten any messages, and the same thing happened! I tried restarting it, but without any luck. But, this time restarting several times didn't work. It hangs up at the Nokia logo. It starts just fine, but it hangs up when entering the Nokia logo. It doesn't even start symbian. It just hungs up. No errors, nothing.

I have tried to recharge the battery, but the battery display doesnt even show. I hear a loud beep, and then the nokia logo shows. No display of the battery icon. I have also tried starting the phone without a sim, same thing happeneds.

Software or hardware problem? I talked to a friend, he thought it might be the battery has gone dead?
Any help here please? This is my first symbian phone, so im very new at this.

Thanks
-Michael

chrsfrwll
22-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Something similar happens to my 9300 every now and then if I let the battery get too flat. Nothing seems to happen even if you plug in the charger lead. However, after a while it eventually comes back to life. Not sure if it's the same thing but..... How long have you tried charging for?

Micx
22-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I tried charging entire last night. Woke up to the same problem.

sandhuj
03-04-2007, 10:39 AM
what you need to do is update the n93 firmware, to do this download the nokia software updater from the nokia website, i cannot give you a direct link as i must make 10 posts or more before i am given that priveliege. and follow the instructions, it WILL stop hanging, and the overall performance will be improved.

richael
04-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I bought my brand new Nokia 93i in Feb 2007 with so excited mood,when started using it, it hanged or auto reboot whenever i receiving SMS/calls, or when i doing record videos. Sometimes after hanged,i have to manaully remove the battery to poweroff. All my happy mood gone :mad: ...and even i brought to Nokia Service Center and very patient to wait for the 3hours queue and wait for 1 week to bring it back. My Nokia 93i problem still remains persistant.. so is it Hardware or software,firmware problem?..i belive only the Nokia developer knows well about it :icon13:

simlife
21-04-2007, 05:49 AM
try to fast your battery with a piece of paper between the battery and the back cover.

tidusom
07-05-2008, 10:31 PM
i have the same problem to so i dont know what to do if u know something and you email me the information needed to fix this problem.

efquab
24-05-2008, 10:22 PM
My friend the best solution is to formart your memory card and the type *#7370# to completly reformat your phone and everything will be okkkk....Hi! I just got a brand new Nokia N93i. And I just love it!

However, after about 10 hours of use, i was taking a photo. When I changed to photomode on the mobile, the sceen just faded black. I had to restart the mobile about 5 times before it started normaly. I didn't think to much over it, but when I woke up today I flipped up the phone to check if i had gotten any messages, and the same thing happened! I tried restarting it, but without any luck. But, this time restarting several times didn't work. It hangs up at the Nokia logo. It starts just fine, but it hangs up when entering the Nokia logo. It doesn't even start symbian. It just hungs up. No errors, nothing.

I have tried to recharge the battery, but the battery display doesnt even show. I hear a loud beep, and then the nokia logo shows. No display of the battery icon. I have also tried starting the phone without a sim, same thing happeneds.

Software or hardware problem? I talked to a friend, he thought it might be the battery has gone dead?
Any help here please? This is my first symbian phone, so im very new at this.

Thanks
-Michael

helpxan
19-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Mine is doing the same, you cant type in the #7....# because it wont reconize button input, after a hard reset *,3,green,power it just asks if you want to continue in offline mode the updater cant find it either.. is there anywhere in north america to send this phone for a fix...Ill even send it overseas just need it fixed, there is no information anywhere on the web. please help did you resolve this problem ?