View Full Version : Wallpaper has rendered phone useless!

tall rog
17-03-2007, 11:30 AM
So I decide to put a nice picture of my son as my wall paper. I transfered the picutre to the phone. I select it and then accept it as the wall paper... and then the bloody thing shuts down.

Now I can not boot it. It gets as far as asking me for my SIM PIN and then resets itself. I do remember that some pictures I uploaded in the past could not be viewed. An exception was thrown and the picture viewer was shutdown. I am willing to bet that if I try and view the new wall paper picture using the viewer then such an error will also be raised. However no error appeared when I selected the picture to use as wall paper.

I have read up on the subject and it looks to me as if the phone does not have a true 'safe mode' (like windows)... I mean a Safe mode, not a Flight mode. Is that true... is there no true safe mode?

Can anyone tell me... is that it? New phone? Arrrrrgh!!!

StuPC
27-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Tall Rog,
I've been havuing what I think is a similar problem with my m600 - when I restart the phone seems to hang on the white T-mobile screen.
I seem to be able to get round it by holding down the "back" button (next to the jog dial for about 5 seconds.

It's not an ideal situation, by any means :mad: , but *seems* to work for me...

StuPC

superswede
28-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Same here, I had a similar problem. I did not try the "Back button" workaround above but ended up re-flashing my phones firmware using SEUS. It of course "whipes" the unit 100% (settings, contacts etc..) but solves your problem.

StuPC
29-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Actually, scratch my solution - I've ended up sending my m600 back after two weeks because -

it freezes roughly every two days (requiring the battery to be removed before it will work again)

I regularly get the message that my SIM card is "faulty"

it drops the network connection without telling me (I only find out when I try to make a call) and requires a restart

my ringtone and vibrating alert will suddenly stop working

the connection to my bluetooth headset would only last for up to five minutes

battery power started dropping from 99% to 24% within 3 hours, even though phone wasn't even being used.
:mad:

I'm getting a replacement, because when the m600 worked it was beautiful to behold - hopefully I was just unlucky enough to have a duff handset...

It's VERY strange to be using my old w800 again, even though it's only been a couple of weeks!

camo_man
24-04-2007, 07:48 AM
i had the same problem i loaded a picture and set it as my wallpaper and would not turn back on without restarting, i emailed sonyericsson and they told me to update the firmware and i did, it got rid of the problem but took all the contacts and things with it.