View Full Version : P990i & HPM-70 sound problem!

usamahahmad
14-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi guys.

I recently bought my P990i. Fancied a lot about it, i really really do love the phone, but there is a BIG problem thats pissin me off pretty BAD.

I bought the HPM-70 (walkman) headphones recently, the P990i picks it up as a 'handsfree' so compatibility is not the problem.

When connected, there is hissing sound every 3-4 secs for a splitsecond. Although this issue can be ignored, but the playback is "horrible" !! When i play music from the defualt music player, the sound is all crappy, there is absolutely no bass, all i hear is plain deep voices of the song (not even clear). I tried every equalizer combination, but no gain :(

The voice although is crappy, even the volume is pathetic. Its perhaps 1/3 the sound of what the w800 and w700 walkman series deliver.

The same issue goes when i listen to radio. I can't figure out if there is a problem with the headset or with the phone? Could it be an hardware issue or a pop-port issue?

I tried using my HP-70 with the W700i, the sound is perfect, loud, good bass and crystal clear. When attached to my p990i...ugh..yuck!!

Guys!! Help me out of this, i was planning to buy a 1GB mem-stick, whats the point when i can't listen to the songs :(

Looking forward to your replies, i really really need help on this asap !!

Thanks!

usamahahmad
14-03-2007, 05:53 PM
ok, i've done a master-reset aswell, still nothing :'(

ratza
15-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Try them onto another SE, maybe on a walkman. If the sound is the same like on your 990, then you have a faulty headset.

usamahahmad
15-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Try them onto another SE, maybe on a walkman. If the sound is the same like on your 990, then you have a faulty headset.

Yes, i've tested the headset on the W700i and W810i, the sound is awesome on both walkman phones. So i have a faulty P990i? :(

DJDrunk
23-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Well I just bought HPM-70 the music sound is good... But when you dial a number you hear your own sound too in the earphones along with dialed number.. Like if you say hello u hear it in your earphones aswell.

Is this a bug or it's meant to be like that.. Cause the one which came with the phone does not have this problem! Hope somebody helps....