View Full Version : AAS is back - normal service resumed!

Rafe
01-01-2003, 11:43 PM
For the last week you may have had trouble reaching AAS. The site has been down due to a server failure. I apologise for the downtime; things should be back to normal now for the most part, but there are a few things still being fixed.

The server failure was a result of a hard disk corruption, possible the result of a DoS attack.

Thank you for all the messages of support during this time, they were much appreciated.

If you have any problems please let me know, but please be understanding the site has been rebuilt totally on a new server.

Happy New Year to all!

Rafe

Ewan
01-01-2003, 11:47 PM
I for one want to extend my thanks to Rafe. Having a slight idea of the amount of work Rafe has put in over a period when most of us were relaxing with friends and family, I thin khe deserves a medal.

Heck, the Forums were back on the evening of the 31st of December (how many of us were in the pub) and the rest of the site was back (well, to 95% capacity) on the 1st January when I was recovering from the 31st.

Thanks Rafe. You just got a Gold Star in "God, Time, Fate or whoevers" book.

langdona
02-01-2003, 12:06 AM
I for one want to extend my thanks to Rafe. Having a slight idea of the amount of work Rafe has put in over a period when most of us were relaxing with friends and family, I thin khe deserves a medal.

Heck, the Forums were back on the evening of the 31st of December (how many of us were in the pub) and the rest of the site was back (well, to 95% capacity) on the 1st January when I was recovering from the 31st.

Thanks Rafe. You just got a Gold Star in "God, Time, Fate or whoevers" book.

Hear Hear

JyriK
02-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Million Thanks to Rafe for bringing back this wondrous place that is AAS :D
Thanks!!!