View Full Version : New firmware (058) on NSU

rb14
08-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I am in the process of updating my firmware from 034 to 058 on the Nokia Update Site - yayyyy! I had to update the NSU software first and now it's downloading the firmware - 85.8MB.

When it's done I shall let you know what I notice.

I'm in the UK and on Vodafone. I simply went launched Nokia PC suite and hit Update Phone Software - it's doing the rest for me.

rb14
08-03-2007, 06:35 PM
OK - done.

Firstly, it was quite quick - I reckon about 10-15 minutes.

It asks me to select my city, time and date then asks me whether I want to see a tutorial about my new phone. NO!

Firstly I notice a different clockface and that the screen tells me I have no calendar entries and that WLAN scanning is off. Softkeys are Messaging (L) and Gallery (R). I notice that 3G is on as default. Checking the music player, the phone speaker volume seems louder.

Pressing *#0000~ tells me
V20.0.058
21-10-06 (hmmmm)
RM-55
N93 (52.01)

As far as the camera goes, the zoom seems better quality (at least on the camera screen) and it's great not to have the camera switching to the front mounted camera when you swivel the screen back to its normal position.

If I notice anything earth-shattering, I'll let you know.

Twinnie
20-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Meaning no offence here, but what was the point of this post? I upgraded to 058 months ago and I thought nearly everyone here would be running it already anyway? Has it only just come out on NSU or something?

rb14
21-03-2007, 01:53 PM
The point of the post is that those of us locked into a contract with UK Vodafone have NOT been able to update. We've been stuck with the original firmware since the phone was released. Perhaps I should have been clearer.

Seremify
10-06-2007, 02:11 PM
For some reason NSU always tells me there are updates available for my phone but it nver loads... =( I'm still on v11!