View Full Version : Nokia N95 or N91 8GB Audio Quality for MP3 Music Files?

Waynester
06-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone

i currently own the Nokia N80
like all of you, im looking forward to getting the N95
the N80 isnt good for music (obviously) its average sounding
the sound quality doesnt compare at all to the N91.. but its more reliable... er......sometimes, LOL

in the past 12 months, i have owned 3 x Nokia N91 phones :mad:
the Audio Quality through headphones was just incredible sounding, very impressed, i was going to get the N91 8GB, but just worried about the Hard drive situation and unreliability..

my question is, has the N95 the same volume output, the same quality while listening to MP3 files as the N91 ?
or is there a BIG difference?
this is a major factor for me, but i do love all the N95 features aswell...

thoughts? or comparisons?
can any of you compare both handsets on this feature?
cant find anywhere on the internet where these 2 are compared for Musos like me.

Many thanks :)

nj7
06-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Search for the answer on N95 review post, or search, maybe is already there the answer.

hutchy74
11-04-2007, 08:21 PM
im in the same boat as you mate in regards to the music.

i also loved the mp3 player on my n91, mainly due to the loudness it could achieve.

i have now had my n95 for over a week and i think in general it is a cracking handset.
the standout being the superb camera which is also a big feature for me.

unfortunately, for reasons i cant get my head around the volume levels on the n95 appear to be shockingly low.
really dissapointed in this as i feel we should have the right to make the decision as to what is too loud.

apart from that the music player works in pretty much the same way.

im actually considering holding onto my n91 now just for music alone.

p.s anyone please prove me wrong if theres anything that can be done to improve the levels i will gladly be proved wrong.
ive also tried other headphones which made little difference.

hope this helps you out.

jazzyc-01
11-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I personally was really impressed with the sound of my n95. I am using upgraded headphones also though. cx300 by sennheiser.

They only thing i do find annoying though with using the upgraded headphones is that you can hear 'clicks' when moving through the menus

MakaveLee
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
My n95 is really loud, much louder than my Sony K800i

hutchy74
11-04-2007, 10:17 PM
My n95 is really loud, much louder than my Sony K800i

fair enough but find that really surprising.
either you arent used to full volume on stand alone mp3 players or even the n91.

can you confirm that with better headphones that the volume is increased?

i also think the quality is good but the volume just isnt enough for most dedicated musos.

jazzyc-01
12-04-2007, 07:44 AM
i cant say if its any louder with the better headphones, just sounds better. Do you really need it to be that loud though? I mean i never have to have mine at full volume when listening. Just a thought, the new headphones i have are noise cancelling ones that push in your ears.That means you dont have to have it as loud to cancel out the noise around you.