View Full Version : New N93 owner in Canada

TBrenan
31-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Although the phone is sold in Canada it seems the majority of downloads/updates are for Europe, are there any listers with North American expreience with this phone I am greedy and want all I can get especially for free.

I am not on contract and am using Fido Pay-as-You-Go I think this limits some downloads---yes/no

There are no service centers out west and I am concerned about maintenence

All tips/hints greatly appreciated

slitchfield
05-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Although the phone is sold in Canada it seems the majority of downloads/updates are for Europe, are there any listers with North American expreience with this phone I am greedy and want all I can get especially for free.

I am not on contract and am using Fido Pay-as-You-Go I think this limits some downloads---yes/no

There are no service centers out west and I am concerned about maintenence

All tips/hints greatly appreciated

I'm not sure quite what you're after. You can download apps from the Web (e.g. http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/nonagss60.htm ) the same as the rest of us and install with PC Suite.

You won't be able to upgrade the firmware though, at least NOT UNTIL NSU COMES BACK ONLINE FOR N93 USERS (hoping that shouting WILL WAKE UP THE NSU TEAM!)

STeve

TBrenan
06-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the reply this phone and the downloaded instruction manual have nothing in common I cannot get the phone to function as advertised, I have the phone set up send and receive but the other functions are a mystery my home computer does not recognize the phone I tried to move PC suite from my computer to my phone no go frustrating but I think I can get it working with the help of the local Nokia people the N93 is not a common phone out here in western Canada

N/A
06-02-2007, 03:11 PM
You won't be able to upgrade the firmware though, at least NOT UNTIL NSU COMES BACK ONLINE FOR N93 USERS (hoping that shouting WILL WAKE UP THE NSU TEAM!)Maybe it was your shouting, then, but it is back.

TBrenan
11-02-2007, 07:41 PM
I have the phone working on Fido send and receive calls and the radio is up and running, camera and video works its the other enhancements I am after

Contacted Nokia Canada "help" desk and they told me the phone is NOT sold in Canada and the European networks are not compatable with North American ones-----if this is an example of Nokia's tech personnel I am better off checking with this list as the answers---sometime to techy for me. but are at least accurate.

Am determined to make this unit perform as advertised!!!!!!!!!!

Tips & hints greatly appreciated brenan28752shaw.ca