View Full Version : What Can I do?

Seeruk
27-01-2007, 01:00 AM
I have to say the P990i is the worst phone I have ever EVER layed my hands on (and thats a LOT of phones!)

It fails on every count except making a phonecall for which I could have bought a phone for 1/10th of the price.

It's stability is a joke,
YES I have the very latest firmware yet the phone will crash an application 5 to 15 times a day (I have been counting).
Trying to record a video will freeze the thing to the point I have to remove the battery,
SlovoEd constantly crashes every time I use it,
the Picture quality of photographs is awful even on fine quality (I am sure 2 mpx is a lie!),
the business card scanner is a joke due to the terrible camera,
opera can barely operate in such a small memory space and thus (yes you guessed it!) crashes constantly,
wireless is weak,
interface is awful and totally non-intuative,
sychronization keeps duplicating contacts (one contact it keeps generating 10-12 copies of even though I deleted all instances from the phone and outlook),
its slow,
its even disabled autostart in the latest firmware so that the only application that makes it almost usable (Swiss) cant autostart anymore.....
the list goes ON!!

Now to my point, the operator will only exchange it for an extortionate fee (100's), SE just say they are working on the firmware, and noone will even bid for the crap on ebay.

I am royally screwed over and in the meantime I have trouble running my business at times because I must spend an hour per day minimum messing around trying to work around problems with this hunk of crap.

Any ideas?

jah
27-01-2007, 03:56 PM
What firmware version are you using? Is it a branded phone? My generic P990 never crashes now with firmware version R4A13 and with Tweak Peaks app the UI is unbelievably fast. Video is quality is better than a K800, picture quality is better than a K750, etc. Never had a problem with Opera, most people say the wifi is superb given that its not 802.11g etc. Suggest you also a format internal drive and don't restore from a back-up. Well the best procedure is: 1. Master Reset 2 Re-flas 3 Back-up 4 Format Internal Drive 5 Restore from back-up

c210
27-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Tweak Peaks?? Linky?

jah
27-01-2007, 07:26 PM
www.cellphonesoft.com for Tweak Peaks :)

Seeruk
29-01-2007, 09:09 PM
What firmware version are you using? Is it a branded phone? My generic P990 never crashes now with firmware version R4A13 and with Tweak Peaks app the UI is unbelievably fast. Video is quality is better than a K800, picture quality is better than a K750, etc. Never had a problem with Opera, most people say the wifi is superb given that its not 802.11g etc. Suggest you also a format internal drive and don't restore from a back-up. Well the best procedure is: 1. Master Reset 2 Re-flas 3 Back-up 4 Format Internal Drive 5 Restore from back-up

Same firmware as you and unbranded

I'll try tweakpeaks but dont have a great deal of hope it will cure anything other than a little bit of performance