View Full Version : Need help!!! Please...

chaotica
22-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I got an unbranded P990i and I have a problem that irritates me a lot.

When playing music and videos, the media player makes a static noise in the background. It is noticeable on quiet tracks and on the beginning and the end of normal tracks. You can hear it clearly when a track playback is paused (not stopped! paused). Is this normal on all P990i's or mine has a problem.

I really appreciate if some of you guys can test this and give me some input.

Thanks...

kingrob
24-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I got an unbranded P990i and I have a problem that irritates me a lot.

When playing music and videos, the media player makes a static noise in the background. It is noticeable on quiet tracks and on the beginning and the end of normal tracks. You can hear it clearly when a track playback is paused (not stopped! paused). Is this normal on all P990i's or mine has a problem.

I really appreciate if some of you guys can test this and give me some input.

Thanks...

Have you got the latest firmware and is your phone 'branded', e.g. Vodafone?

I've got a unbranded P990i with latest firmware and don't have that problem.

*Mind you, my 'backup' Motorola V3 does the 'noise thing' ALL the time - now that is bloody irritating! :o

chaotica
24-01-2007, 10:14 PM
My phone is generic (not branded) and updated to R4A13. Do you think that the service might replace the phone? Because it looks like a hardware problem. If so, what is the best way of explaining to them?

Also can you disable the menu animations? People are saying that you can but I cannot find where to turn it on or off.