View Full Version : contact ringtones

j-o-n-n-y-b-o-y
05-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Anyone else having problems assigning contact ringtones?.?????

Keirik
08-01-2007, 03:20 AM
me me me..
someone please HELP

here is what i do basically. I connect my phone to the pc, load an mp3 into the phone, go to my contact list, and select that specific mp3 for one user's ringtone. When that person calls, i just get the normal ringtone i use for everyone else.
I then tried loading into the phone as a .wav file and same problem.

I then decided "well, maybe it's the file i'm loading" so just instead changed that user's ringtone to a different one that came with the phone initially. Tested it out and STILL get the default ringtone that i use for everyone else...

help?????????? i'm running out of ideas and the manual doesn't help at all..

Keirik
08-01-2007, 03:24 AM
just to add, i also turned the phone on and off and it still has the same problem......no custom ringtone even though it's clearly set and saved into the contact

j-o-n-n-y-b-o-y
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
the only way ive found to correct this fault is to do a master reset.......but you will lose certain things unless you copy them to the media files......also ive been making backups through the software that comes with the phone so i can restore if it happens......to be honest though it is happening everyday with my phone even though it has already been back for repair and has had a software upgrade.......it is a right pain......its gonna be going back again tomorrow to see if it can be sorted....no idea if it is a software problem or a phone problem???????????