View Full Version : Sync P990 with Palm Desktop?

Calleman4
08-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi

I got my SE P990 last week, and so far I like the phone. But I cant sync the phone with my Palm Desktop. The phone I hade before (SE k750i) was no problem doing so.

I have been surfing the web and not found any application that could sync my P990 and Palm Desktop.

Has anybody else got the same problem, and did you find a solution?

Hopefully some one here could help me ...

Thanks!

Regards
Carl

jah
09-11-2006, 09:27 AM
@Carl

if you have Outlook you can use SwitchSync to syn Palm Desktop with Outlook once the P990 has syned with Outlook. I have not tried this myself but seems like an option to check-out.

Edit: if you don't have Outlook, I really recommend you get a copy as it is a de-facto standard for PIM synchronisation

mcleaver
05-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Edit: if you don't have Outlook, I really recommend you get a copy as it is a de-facto standard for PIM synchronisation

Is there really no alternative? I have tried Outlook and loath it. It is also incredibly slow over a network. I have 1800 contacts and years of calendar items, if I set up Outlook to read that from a network drive, it takes an eternity to load. :(

I am so happy with Palm Desktop and am stunned that after all these years there is still no way to sync the P990 to Palm Desktop.

Rgds

Martin