View Full Version : deleted pictures & video

fegunio
23-10-2006, 04:51 AM
hello people.... i have some deleted pics & videos previously saved in my phone memory & memory card.. is it possible that these deleted files be retrieved if i connect my mobile to PC, if so, how is it done? help me pls.. thank you

ratza
23-10-2006, 06:02 AM
From the phone they are lost forever, but from the card I thing there is a PC app which can recover them (Handy Recovery if I remember well)

fegunio
23-10-2006, 06:14 AM
but what if i've already formatted the memory card? it can't be recovered anymore?

ratza
24-10-2006, 06:30 AM
I don't think so. They could've been recovered only if you didn't write anything on the card. The deletion process is pretty the same like on a PC, a byte is changed and the file is just marked for deletion. When the OS checks for free space, the file is there but being marked as deleted is seen as inexistent. If you write anything, that file will be overwritten and it will be lost. The same thing happens when you format a drive (hard disk, floppy, MMC). Do you understand how it works?

nj7
24-10-2006, 06:53 AM
but what if i've already formatted the memory card? it can't be recovered anymore?
With a card reader and a recovery software, maybe some of them can be recover.