View Full Version : Personalised ringtones don't work?

cnsxxx09
21-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi

I just got a P990 from Vodafone to replace my P800 and, when it works, the phone is amazing. But there are some things not quite right.

1. Personalised Ringtones ... just doesn't work. It always uses the default even though the contact is listed under the Personalised Ringtones section and when calling the number -is- identified by name from my contacts.
But I haven't seen anyone else on the forums list this as a problem, could this just be my phone????

2. White Screen. On the main menu I notice that the menu items stop responding. When I open the flip I get a white screen and can therefore no longer control the phone. I need to remove the battery. This happens several times a day. It's as if there is a memory leake and eventually the phone cannot cope anymore.

3. My Car-100 doesn't fit my P990 so I can't charge it. :-(
(why change the connection on the bottom of the phone?)

There's a few too many problems ... the PC Suite tells me I have the latest firmware too.

cnsxxx09
22-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Can someone just confirm or not whether personalised ringtones work for them?

I have seen other phones have a similar problem but related to where you store your own sounds. But I can't even get it working with the built in sounds.

First I need to identify of it's a problem with the P990 firmware, the Vodafone P990 firmware or my specific phone ....

hammera
23-10-2006, 12:13 PM
My P990i is a Vodafone one (I too upgraded from a P800) and I can confirm that personalised ringtones do work (MP3 and WAV files).

Adam

cnsxxx09
23-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks for that ...

Some further research and I now know that I'm at least not alone with this problem.

Some people say it doesn't work for specific contacts, others say it works if bluetooth is disabled, another says that it works with bluetooth enabled but only if a BT headset is attached, and yet others saying it used to work but no longer does.
crazy ...
(Incidentally, doesn't work for me at all no matter what I enable/disable/connect etc.)

JulesG
26-10-2006, 08:54 AM
I only have a few ringtones set up, but I agree that they sometimes don't work, but have not established any sort of pattern.

When it does work, it transfers the ring quite nicely to the headset, but when it doesn't, then I get a strange ring in the headset.

It does not seem dependent on which SIM you have though; they seem equally flakey whether I am on Vodafone or Tele2 SIM mode (I have a dual SIM).

Sportive
08-12-2006, 12:40 AM
I use a P990i on the orange network and have a personal ringtone problem.
It sounds that this maybe across the board as I think this is caused by Bluetooth devices.

You can cure the problem by flashing your phone with the sonyericsson apdate service. But just as you think your P990i is cured, they will disapear after the first sync with a bluetooth divice.

I use a Parrot CK3100 LCD bluetooth carkit. The ringtones work great when paired together, but disconnenct and there gone, but back again as soon as it is paired again.

At the moment there seems to be no cure for this. Orange has changed my phone 3 times with yet no result.

So if you want ya ringtones back flash the phone and leave the bluetooth devices in the draw!!:icon14:

If you do get phone freezes don't take the battery out just hold the power button for 10 seconds it will shut down for you.:rolleyes: