View Full Version : Recording

tmax
14-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi,

i am looking to buy this phone.
i see it does recording... but does it record during phone calls? is there software that does this? (don't know much about that sort of thing, only mentioned to me by friend)

i have a 8310 currently which has this function and need it in a new phone for my type of work.

thanks.

nj7
14-10-2006, 08:33 AM
It records call with a dedicated software, like Best Call Recorder for S60v3.

krisse
14-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Just to add a disclaimer, the laws of many countries (including Britain) say that you can't record a call without the person on the other end knowing about it. If you do record a call, warn the other caller first.

That's why so many call centres say at the beginning "This call may be recorded", otherwise they'd be breaking the law.

tmax
17-10-2006, 11:07 AM
ah very good. so the phone uses s60 version 3?
why isn't it in the list on the front page?

and krissie, thanks for that. i work in a business where people are always leaving their phone number and i never have a pen and paper. i do let them know anyway because it is for their own good. thanks for the heads-up :)

krisse
17-10-2006, 02:17 PM
ah very good. so the phone uses s60 version 3?
why isn't it in the list on the front page?

Yes, it's a full S60 3rd Edition smartphone. No one really knows why Nokia has failed to mention this, but I suspect it's because the screen is smaller than most other S60 3rd Editions so some 3rd Edition applications may not be as easy to use on the 5500 as they are on other 3rd Edition models.

and krissie, thanks for that. i work in a business where people are always leaving their phone number and i never have a pen and paper. i do let them know anyway because it is for their own good. thanks for the heads-up :)

Yeah, I thought you probably did, but it's always worth adding these disclaimers in case someone gets into hot water.