View Full Version : Questions on N73

Albie999
11-10-2006, 08:08 AM
I am thinking of changing from my SPV C600 to the Nokia N73, just a few questions I hope people will be able to answer

1) Is the screen on the N73 QVGA
2) Is there a converter available, that will allow you to plug a 2.5 / 3.5 mm head phone into it
3) Is the N73 chargeable from the USB port
4) Is there a converter to change the Nokia USB port, to a standard USB port

Any other advice or comments to a potential new owner of an N73 would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve G.

N/A
11-10-2006, 09:10 AM
1. Yes.
2. Yes. I think it is the Nokia AD-15 adapter, if I remember the part name correctly.
3. Probably with the CA-70 USB charging cable.
4. In what sense? There is no USB host support on the N73, so you can't connect any USB peripherals (memory "sticks", or anything) to the N73. You can use the Nokia USB cables (DKU-2, CA-53, CA-70) to connect the phone to a standard USB port on a PC, though.

Albie999
11-10-2006, 09:28 AM
In reply to question 4 .... what I was getting at was, I have a load of standard USB cables, but would only have one Nokia style USB cable .. so wondered if there was an accesory that could convert the connection on the N73 to a standard USB so I could utilise all the USB cables that I have,

ratza
11-10-2006, 11:07 AM
3. I can confirm that it works with CA-70. DKU 2 it doesn't.
4. Why do you want another cable if the phone came with the original Nokia one?

Albie999
11-10-2006, 11:44 AM
The only reason I would want another one, is that I keep one at home and one in the office ... so if it can be charged from USB, I do not need to have the charger.

xerxes
11-10-2006, 03:57 PM
The only reason I would want another one, is that I keep one at home and one in the office ... so if it can be charged from USB, I do not need to have the charger.

It doesn't charge through the USB cable that comes in the sales package but don't despair. My new N73 battery lasts a lot longer than my old SP5 (rebranded C600) used to.

I used to have to plug my WinMob phones into my PC at work so that I could sync and so that the battery would last a full day. In contrast the N73 is happy to background sync via Bluetooth all day and make hours and hours of voice calls and it still has plenty of power when I get home. I use it pretty heavily and I really only have to charge every second day.

ratza
12-10-2006, 08:59 AM
In contrast the N73 is happy to background sync via Bluetooth all day and make hours and hours of voice calls and it still has plenty of power when I get home. I use it pretty heavily and I really only have to charge every second day.

If you use the USB cable instead of BT it will last even longer. BT drains batteries really fast, especially when tranfering data.