View Full Version : First impressions

rb14
09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
First impressions...
Upside:
1. It's quite large. I know this sounds daft having moved from a P9xx. It's the payoff for having a good camera, so I don't mind.
2. Haven't properly explored the camera yet, but I'm hoping I'll never need to use my Olympus again. Could be...
3. Stable. I kicked the phone's ass today, in and out of menus and programmes, loading music, downloading stuff and it seems solid as a rock. My P990 would have crashed 63 times had I put it through the same strain.
4. Very intuitive. I haven't used an up-to-date Nokia for years now and I can find my way around very easily.
5. WLAN connection first time - yayyyyyy. Well, I say first time. I mean after I went through a million pages of manual and help pages in order to find out how to get the MAC address.
6. It seems there's loads of software available.
Downside:
1. I don't like that two of the covers (main camera and i/o port) are loose. I know they're going to be lost.
2. No way of telling the phone is actually on, unless you actually do something to it. I'd like a flashing light please, Nokia.
3. Why oh why no RDS for the radio? I love listening to the radio on my motorbike. I need the radio to retune as I'm moving.
4. The headphones are weird. That's not a terrible thing, but I wish they'd just use a normal 3.5 stereo jack plug. Then i can use my own headphones.
5. During calls, it doesn't seem very loud.

I guess there'll be more as I get to know it better.

Terry1100
09-10-2006, 07:45 PM
RB,

Assuming that you could get a converter (presumably something like my kids use for normal headphones on a Gameboy), what headphones do you use on the bike.

I'm a big fan of Koss Sparkplugs - forget the absolute quality - but you can still hear an iPod at ***mph. And a Roof Boxer is not exactly the quietest lid on the planet.

rb14
10-10-2006, 08:10 AM
I have these custom plugs made by Green Leopard (http://www.greenleopard.co.uk). I bought them at the Autosport Show at the NEC, but they have dealers all over the country.

http://www.brom.me.uk/pix/earplugs.jpg