View Full Version : unable to create VPN account

YJA
07-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Hi, anybody managed to create a VPN account on P990i, when I try to create one P990 says 'You have to create a rule first', does knows how/where can I do this??
thnks

The PIT
06-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Well thats different from the message I get. I get no policies and then it just circles round.

c210
14-12-2006, 04:03 PM
You need to install the VPN manager which can be downloaded by going to 'Try & Buy' option under Multimedia menu and downloading it or visit THIS LINK (http://www.sonyericsson.com/business/securitydownloads/downloadPage.html) and installing via the suite.

My problem hoever is I cannot get it to login using the Contivity client connecting to a Nortel Contivity box! I keep getting a login failed message although it works when I connect to it via my laptop and the windows client. Very frustrating!

Breurin
05-02-2007, 12:00 AM
C210: what type of gateway you chose to get the log in on the windows?
I read about it and vpn manager only have IPSEC not a PPTP connection, I think because of that I can't log on the windows vpn server

Fredrikstad67
13-10-2007, 09:40 PM
I have manage to connect my P990 to an Cisco ASA 5500 Router and it was simple with the try & buy client but its funny that SE state that the phone is VPN compatible when support send you the answer that you need to download and buy a client to setup the phone to secure network. It should be free and follow the phone