View Full Version : Sync of tasks between N73 and Outlook

beatschmid
04-10-2006, 07:30 PM
I manage my tasks (ToDos) in Outlook 2003 with the help of categories. Unfortunately, Nokia's PC Suite does not allow to sync categories on my new N73. What a disappointment.

Can anybody suggest me a work-around? Other sync software? Other software?

Any help highly appreciated!

spycorfu
08-10-2006, 04:43 AM
i have the same problem.

i moved from a qtek 8310 smartphone with powertasks installed which was a grate program, just like the original outlook tasks utility.

i use tasks a lot for my business so i am desperate to find a good tasks program that is 100% compatible and look alike the outlook 2003.

nj7
08-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Nothing to do. Is like that!

xerxes
11-10-2006, 04:03 PM
i have the same problem.

i moved from a qtek 8310 smartphone with powertasks installed which was a grate program, just like the original outlook tasks utility.

i use tasks a lot for my business so i am desperate to find a good tasks program that is 100% compatible and look alike the outlook 2003.

I used to use Powertasks on my C500 but after a while I switched to using the tasks view in Papyrus. Papyrus has now also been released for the N73 but it isn't stable yet and I don't believe it has the tasks view yet either. I would suggest you wait a few weeks for the next version of Papyrus if you can. Then you'll get a very competent calendar and task management program.

Of course the bigger question is whether Symbian actually supports categories on Tasks at the database level. If it doesn't it is doubful that Papyrus will help much.

x

spycorfu
13-10-2006, 04:57 AM
i am just downloading it now, thanks!

i can see it is brand new for symbian os as the latest release is october 10th!

abruenin
15-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Of course the bigger question is whether Symbian actually supports categories on Tasks at the database level. If it doesn't it is doubful that Papyrus will help much.
Asked this already in an other thread, sorry for double posting.
Is the limitation regarding categories on a symbian database level? Or is it S60? Or just the calendar app?

cricfancy
20-05-2008, 01:17 PM
May i have your PC Suite version please ?

cricfancy
23-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Hey,

As per my understanding goes, what i did is i created a test to-do item on my N73 and sync-ed it with Win Xp 32 bit, once sync is over, In outlook i was able to see that to do in Task of outlook express. Does it helped you :con? Or am i wrongly posted d answer for dis forum. :o Correct me if i m wrong :icon14: