View Full Version : Creating own themes for M600i

daemon_azrael
26-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to create my own theme for my SE M600i with SE Themes Creator v.2.54 and when I got to the softkeys I found out that there are actually 2 Horizontal background images and they both have different heights.

Can anyone tell me why there are 2 images for the same thing?
And why their heights differ from the height of a softkey bar?

I got it that the image heights are multiples of the height of the softkey bar (which is 28), the first is 4*softkey bar height and the second is 3*s.b.h., so they are probably layers, but where do this layers apply (what are their meaning)?

I tried to look for it on www.sonyericsson.com/developer and www.google.com but with no success...:frown:

padlon
27-09-2006, 09:11 PM
In the latest Developers' Guidelines - Themes (http://developer.sonyericsson.com/getDocument.do?docId=65809) (r17a, PDF format), the two fields/elements are listed. The comment for the larger one (240 x 112) says "Frames. M600 and W950 only". "Frames" doesn't mean anything to me, but maybe it does to you.

By the way, there's a version 3 of the Themes Creator just out. (The guidelines document that comes with it is r15a, though, so not as new as the one linked above).

Cheers

qmlinul
21-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Softkey backgrounds 4*rows of 240x28px

1) Left Key pressed
2) center key pressed
3) Right key pressed
4) No keys pressed

softkey frames 3*rows of 240x28px, these are graphics drawn ontop of the above graphic when the softkey is available.

1) Left button available
2) Center button available
3) Right button available