View Full Version : Can't read saved web pages (offlline browsing)

emailzap
17-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Hi! Has anyone else tried saving a website from your pc to your N73? It used to work on my 6630 but on my N73 when i try to open it using the phones browser only the text comes out but not the images. Any ideas?

(Using Firefox or explorer, I open the site i like then save the whole page to my memory card, then open it using the phones web browser.)

Thanks!

Z

N/A
17-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Which browser on the N73 did you try? "Web" or "Services", or do both behave in the same fashion?

nj7
17-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi! Has anyone else tried saving a website from your pc to your N73? It used to work on my 6630 but on my N73 when i try to open it using the phones browser only the text comes out but not the images. Any ideas?

(Using Firefox or explorer, I open the site i like then save the whole page to my memory card, then open it using the phones web browser.)

Thanks!

Z

The browser (both) on N73 doesnı allow that. At least, I don´t see how!

emailzap
18-09-2006, 05:40 AM
Ya both broswers won't do it. just can'y believe that it worked on my old 6630 but not on the N73. Pls. Nokia fix it in the next firmware update.

Z

Davethrn
25-09-2006, 09:53 PM
I installed SysExplorer and opened an HTML file (saved as complete web page in Firefox), it launched Opera Mobile and the saved file is displayed.

nj7
25-09-2006, 10:06 PM
I installed SysExplorer and opened an HTML file (saved as complete web page in Firefox), it launched Opera Mobile and the saved file is displayed.
And what? Saved by Firefox, and not by a mobile browser.

emailzap
01-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Well Opera works in reading offline or saved web pages but I don't really want to fork over $24 for it. Is there any other free browser i can use?

Joar
02-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Currently there dont seem to be any alternative for offline browsing than Opera. Im sure the new version of the Nokia browser will do the job, but that one is not due to be released before the end of January at the earliest... ...and apparently might not even be available as an upgrade for current phones.

Btw. why is it that people seems to be unwilling to purchase a mobile browser that will increase the usability of their phone quite a bit, when they are willing to fork out something like 600 $ for a high end phone in the first place...? After all Opera (with free future upgrades) would only cost 4 % of your phones initial cost.

starodub
10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
On my N71 the "Services" browser allows me to save and read pages saved in it. There is a a "saved pages" inset.