View Full Version : Theme limitation in N73 or S60v3?

mgoodson45
13-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Is there a maximum 20 themes installed for S60v3? I tried this in N73 and it looks only 20 theme can be displayed at any give time (in theme selection).

Also, there are some theme that don't appear in App. Manager, so I can't uninstall them. Any idea how to do this?

nj7
13-09-2006, 11:32 AM
No idea. I kave 7-8 themes, and all listed on program manager. Try install again the same theme, to see if it appears.

mr g
13-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I have 18 themes showing in my themes folder but i have more installed,i know for sure one has just gone yet it still says it's installed.

mgoodson45
14-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Can you install some more theme e.g. 23 and see if you get all your theme listed and selectable?

I installed those to SD card.

mr g
14-09-2006, 10:35 PM
I have 18 themes showing in my themes folder but i have more installed,i know for sure one has just gone yet it still says it's installed.

More of my themes are disappering:icon13:

This is really really beginning to piss me off now.I got an excellent phone in all aspects except this bull shit,and for someone who likes a good looking theme on their phone........this is utter shit.............why does it happen,i'm going mad just thinking what an absurd action this really is:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mr g
15-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Well,i've sent an e-mail to nokiahelpline@nokia.com regarding this issue and they got back to me asking where i install the themes from,which i thought was strange as it's the phone with the problem.
I'll let you's know what else they say,hopefully we might get somewhere with this.

mr g
16-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Got an e-mail back from Nokia saying that they cant help me as some of the themes that i'm using are'nt Nokia themes..........what a load of b*****ks.
I really cant see why they're saying that,as when i install a nokia theme that replaces another..................bring on the N95,hopefully that wont have this shit theme limitation.
I did ask if it's a firmware issue as well but got no response about that:icon13:

donnylau
31-01-2007, 01:02 AM
I oso having the same problem w my N80. All my theme store on my SD and install from there too. Lately i encounter my old theme gone missing in 'Theme' selection! I'd check w my Log file, i'd not remove any of those missing theme. Checked the Apps mgr, show none of my missing themes. This s shit! Try reisntall end up prompting 'Unable to install' error msg! DAMN!:mad:

wapski
31-01-2007, 07:21 AM
How to remove missing themes:

1. Connect ur MiniSD to ur PC (via Card Reader or USB Mass Sotrage Mode)

2. Proceed to My Computer > MiniSD Drive > Private > 10207114 > Import

In my case it's E:\private\10207114\Import

3. You will notice alot of subfolders there.. Browse each folder..
Inside each folder contains one theme you've previously installed..

Example: i have a sub folder 37e6839e3b1eecb7 which containts the
following files:

Fire.mbm, Fire.mif and Fire.skn

4. Just delete the whole folder (e.g. 37e6839e3b1eecb7) and you Memory Card 's space is cleared from that missing theme..

rooie60
31-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Every time i installed the 18th theme one theme disapears? zo now i have installed them on my phone memory and now i have 25 themes in apps manager.

lovesign
31-01-2007, 10:38 AM
How many themes do you really need on your phone at any one time FFS !!

rooie60
31-01-2007, 10:57 AM

FFS ??

Matt.C
31-01-2007, 12:40 PM
FFS ??

For fucks sake ;)

Hes right though, why on earth do you need that many? Just put a small selection of you favourits on and if you get bored of them install some more and delete the old ones.

After all, you can only use one theme at a time!

rooie60
31-01-2007, 08:25 PM
For fucks sake ;)

Hes right though, why on earth do you need that many? Just put a small selection of you favourits on and if you get bored of them install some more and delete the old ones.

After all, you can only use one theme at a time!

For heaven sake:rolleyes: is that what it means haha
Well....this girl wants all het tweetys and betty boops and garfields and snoopys on het phone!on all my phones (6) are more than 20 themes:tongue:
And every day i choose another one.

mr g
01-02-2007, 12:40 AM

I have over 20 themes each in my N73 and N80,there's nothing wrong in having the choice and i like to change the theme every day,stops me getting bored with the phone/s then.
To get around this theme problem i extract the sis file with unsis and then drag the theme files into my themes folder via mass storage.........now i can have how many themes i want :tongue: