View Full Version : Does anyone have tried installing Tomtom Navigator 6 on N73

tamolmol
07-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Read an article that Tomtom Navigator 6 can be installed in Nokia N73. Tried copying the files to the memory, and was instructed to run the two cab files from install folder but tried running it and doesnt work. Does anyone know how to install Tomtom Navigator 6?

stuclark
08-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Read an article that Tomtom Navigator 6 can be installed in Nokia N73. Tried copying the files to the memory, and was instructed to run the two cab files from install folder but tried running it and doesnt work. Does anyone know how to install Tomtom Navigator 6?
First of all, please don't double post, it won't get your question answered any quicker.

Second, if you're running a CAB file, then you're trying to install a WINDOWS MOBILE version of TomTom on a SYMBIAN/SERIES 60 phone. The software is not compatible! It's like trying to install an Apple application on Windows!

Thirdly, TomTom 6 is not yet available!

M8VXR
10-09-2006, 11:15 AM
I thought the new version of tomtom was supposed to be an all in one package for pocket pc and mobiles?

I take it there is going to be two install packages built in then

dragonsoft
11-09-2006, 10:37 AM
First of all, please don't double post, it won't get your question answered any quicker.

Second, if you're running a CAB file, then you're trying to install a WINDOWS MOBILE version of TomTom on a SYMBIAN/SERIES 60 phone. The software is not compatible! It's like trying to install an Apple application on Windows!

Thirdly, TomTom 6 is not yet available!

Tomtom 6 has been out for over a month.
search torrentspy for it............

M8VXR
11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Yes you are correct, TomTom6 is out but the only version that is currently available from sites is the one with the CAB install files for PDA's. I need one with the SIS installer for Nokia phone.

Or any info one where the files unpack to. if they are the same files as on the PDA i will unpack them to their respective locations but im sure there is some difference or these files would be there as well.

mirkop
11-11-2006, 06:05 AM
i tried to install tomtom on N73 but after instalation all it did was load the program and the world was spinning on my phone, thats it, anyone know as to why this is happening

dez_borders
11-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Yes you are correct, TomTom6 is out but the only version that is currently available from sites is the one with the CAB install files for PDA's. I need one with the SIS installer for Nokia phone.

Or any info one where the files unpack to. if they are the same files as on the PDA i will unpack them to their respective locations but im sure there is some difference or these files would be there as well.

As stated by another forum user, the CAB files are only for use on Windows Mobile devices. Even if the extracted files are the same names as the Symbian equivalents the files simply will not work on a Symbian phone. It's the equivalent of asking an English-only speaking human to read a book written in a foreign language - it will never work.

Finally, searching Torrent or eMule will probably find what you are looking for - but remember this is (a) illegal, (b) TomTom support will not assist you with any problems (c) Future TomTom upgrades may not work on your phone, and (d) You have a 50/50 chance of infecting your phone with a Virus or Trojan using illegally downloaded s/w. Consider your next move carefully!

Dez :rolleyes:

stuclark
13-11-2006, 10:10 AM
TomTom 6 is available from the TomTom website. Any links to illegal copies will be deleted and the posters may get banned!

meandmymac
14-11-2006, 08:40 AM
[snip]You have a 50/50 chance of infecting your phone with a Virus or Trojan using illegally downloaded s/w. Consider your next move carefully!

Dez :rolleyes:

Hi All

Before I found this site the other day I mailed TomTom to ask if the N73 was compatible, and got a message back saying not so, so I will just have to wait till they release it for N73.

Regards
Tom

stuclark
14-11-2006, 10:57 AM
TomTom 6 IS compatible with the N73.

If you buy TT6 from TomTom's website, it WILL work.

dez_borders
14-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi All

Before I found this site the other day I mailed TomTom to ask if the N73 was compatible, and got a message back saying not so, so I will just have to wait till they release it for N73.

Regards
Tom

Hi,

All that means is that TT have not tested the app with the N73.

I have seen it run on a friend's N73 and the 3D map rendering was FASTER on the N73 than on the N80.

meandmymac
15-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi,

All that means is that TT have not tested the app with the N73.

I have seen it run on a friend's N73 and the 3D map rendering was FASTER on the N73 than on the N80.

Thanks Guys, I have place my order and looking forward to using..

Regards

mirkop
21-02-2007, 06:40 AM
ive tried everything to get it to work on my phone with no luck, looks like ill just have to buy it

lovesign
21-02-2007, 12:59 PM
ive tried everything to get it to work on my phone with no luck, looks like ill just have to buy it

Oh dear, what a shame. Hope that being a law abiding citizen doesn't hurt you too much.

Shame on you.

mirkop
22-02-2007, 03:14 AM
I assume youve never broken the law, yeah right

lovesign
22-02-2007, 09:53 AM
No, I haven't.

Thready
22-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Just to say I have an N73 and bought tomtom 6 on memory card and it was a breeze to install.

Just need to pick up my gps receiver from work to play with it now :-)

UKJeeper
01-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Borrowed a generic GPS bluetooth (the one with the globe on the case) from my boss and had yoda walk me home yesterday using my N73 and TT6. Worked fine.

Pashion
01-03-2007, 09:32 PM
No, I haven't.

Then whats your beef with Customs Men?

lovesign
02-03-2007, 07:23 PM
It's a Mick Miller joke. Get a comedy education.

Pashion
09-03-2007, 09:55 AM
It's a Mick Miller joke. Get a comedy education.

A joke used somewhat out of context for a law abiding citizen ;)

Bsc(Hons) Comedy at Cambridge

hannonlaw
19-03-2007, 02:55 AM
I had this problem too. Tom Tom acknowledges that the latest version of Tom Tom Home has a bug in it. they have the prior version listed on their web site for windows ME - remove the latest version of tom tom home, install the previous version, and make sure when it asks when tom tom home starts up not to install the new version - i did it AND ITS FINE NOW

hannonlaw
19-03-2007, 02:56 AM
I had this problem too. Tom Tom acknowledges that the latest version of Tom Tom Home has a bug in it. they have the prior version listed on their web site for windows ME - remove the latest version of tom tom home, install the previous version, and make sure when it asks when tom tom home starts up not to install the new version - i did it AND ITS FINE NOW

sc00byd00byd00
19-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I too have an N73 and TOMTOM6 was piece easy to install !

Only problems with TOMTOM on Symbian Phones I have noticed when using a Bluetooth GPS, is that when using Bluetooth GPS, you have to disable most (if not all) of your POI's otherwise the software keeps crashing. Well, that was on my N70, not tried it yet on the N73

xsb
29-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I could have installed it, but when i start it, set the lang, sounds, place its OK, but at the next step (map) it shuts down ( i have N73 ME, tomtom is BiNPDA cracked)

Atomic_Guy
31-03-2007, 07:19 AM
N73 v4.0711.2.0.1
10-03-2007
RM-133

Your firmware version for N73 is Version 4. What edition and when did this version come out? hmm :)

lovesign
31-03-2007, 09:21 AM
N73 v4.0711.2.0.1
10-03-2007
RM-133

Your firmware version for N73 is Version 4. What edition and when did this version come out? hmm :)

Apparently he "knows" someone at Nokia and is running a pre release version.

Atomic_Guy
31-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Apparently he "knows" someone at Nokia and is running a pre release version.

Ah I see an insider job :)

What improvement version 4 offers?

lovesign
31-03-2007, 07:05 PM
At the moment, it seems it only offers bragging rights ! LOL ;)

vark
02-04-2007, 11:48 AM
At the moment, it seems it only offers bragging rights ! LOL ;)

and stupidity in admitting his TomTom Nav is a cracked version......... :rolleyes:

Adeling
14-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Unlike some of these cretins I have purchased Navigator 6 and it does not notice that my N73 is connected (connecting using USB cable). It just says:

"There is no TomTom compatible device connected to this computer"

which is clearly not true as PC Suite is letting me synchronise!

Any thoughts?

Adeling
14-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Turns out you cannot connect Symbian phones to the TomTom software -- would probably be helpful if this was mentioned in the instructions in the box don't you think!

Still, my card-reader's on order now.

UKJeeper
19-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Unlike some of these cretins I have purchased Navigator 6 and it does not notice that my N73 is connected (connecting using USB cable). It just says:

"There is no TomTom compatible device connected to this computer"

which is clearly not true as PC Suite is letting me synchronise!

Any thoughts?

You have ANY idea how many 'cretins' are laughing their socks off at you right now??? Some of whom had both the money in their pockets to buy the software AND the brains in their heads to make it work...

Don't expect any of the 'cretins' (who have a working tomtom 6 on their Symbians) to be falling over themselves to help you figure it out.

Good luck...:rolleyes:

bartmanekul
19-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Some of whom had both the money in their pockets to buy the software AND the brains in their heads to make it work...

Then they should have bought it. This is probably why tomtom havent bothered releasing any symbian updates since Febuary 2007.

Adeling, if your on about tomtom home, try plugging it in via usb in mass storage mode.