View Full Version : Help! How to delete shortcut from menu?

whc
25-08-2006, 05:04 PM
I tried to install a app found on Nokias site “SettingWizard” I actually did not know that the app was already installed by default. The result of this is the shortcut from the app already installed on the phone, is now not working and the icon is not looking the way it should, looks like a some thing from a “puzzle” game??? If that makes any sense :)…

Anyway how can I delete that shortcut, when I hit C I get this popup message that I cannot be deleted, in “Program control” the app is not to be found, I tried looking for some shortcut using the Y-browser, but I don’t know how and where to look…Can some one please help me getting the app back to normal???

My phone is Nokia N73 S60 3.edit

nj7
25-08-2006, 07:56 PM
What a mess... If is impossible do the install process, do a backup and try a soft format.

whc
25-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Just pressed *#7370# and formatted the phone, that tooke care of it :)...

MickH1
26-08-2006, 06:11 PM
The puzzle icon is the default Nokia app icon. It's displayed when the O/S can't find an app assoiciated with that particular link file. Windows does the same. When you delete/remove something properly you just delete the icon and the link file that tells the O/S the app is there. The app is still on the phone, without the link file the O/S assumes the app doesn't exist so overwrites it.

I had loads on my 6670 after formatting the memory card. Resetting the phone cleared them all tho.