View Full Version : Can't create new directory on M2 Disk

garyching
14-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Can't create to the root, any suggestion?

albatorsk
14-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Is there an error message? Did you use the file manager in the phone, or a computer? Have you tried both?

garyching
15-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Used file manager, want to create a folder named "Resource" in order to put Chinese fonts, however, cannot create folder with name Resource

albatorsk
15-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Do you get any error message?

Are you sure you don't already have a folder with that name? I do, and I didn't know about it.

Anyway, have you tried creating it from your computer?

nj7
15-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Do you get any error message?

Are you sure you don't already have a folder with that name? I do, and I didn't know about it.

Anyway, have you tried creating it from your computer?

I have too! Itīs not possible to have the same name - create with another one.

garyching
16-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the assistant. However, my problem is not yet solved. Let me make myself clear again :

1. I want to create a folder name "Resource" on M2 so that I may put Chinese fonts;

2. I tried to create using both a)File Manager from M600i; and b)File Manager from Sony provided PC Suit;

3. Both methods are not working. Something wrong on what I did? Because, the system will only look for the folder Resource to locate the fonts so that I may read and write Chinese;

4. Or, any other method so that I may use Chinese on M600i?

Thanks.

nj7
16-08-2006, 08:40 AM
If the systems have a directory called "Resource" You canīt make another one.

albatorsk
16-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Please. This is the third (and last) time I ask this: Do you get an error message when you try to create the directory? If so, what does it say?

garyching
17-08-2006, 03:58 AM
Sorry, Albatorsk, no error message appears at all, it just don't reply with anthing!

uckfield
18-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the assistant. However, my problem is not yet solved. Let me make myself clear again :

1. I want to create a folder name "Resource" on M2 so that I may put Chinese fonts;

2. I tried to create using both a)File Manager from M600i; and b)File Manager from Sony provided PC Suit;

3. Both methods are not working. Something wrong on what I did? Because, the system will only look for the folder Resource to locate the fonts so that I may read and write Chinese;

4. Or, any other method so that I may use Chinese on M600i?

Thanks.
If I browse the M2 card in "My Bluetooth Places" I can see two other folders - resource and system. Inside resource is apps - but adding files or creating directories gives a server error and says directory may be read only. Creating new folders (that aren't called resource) at the root of the M2 card is no problem.