View Full Version : E60 - OS Slowing down gradually

teejay
20-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Ok, I know this has been one of the most common complaints about Symbian phones, that they tend to get slower progressively as we add more softwares/content on it.

The E60 was my first entry into Symbian phones, and in a litle over a months heavy use, i can see the OS gradually slowing down.

Any suggestions on how I can clean my OS and keep it running swiftly?

Rafe
20-07-2006, 09:59 AM
It the same with any piece of electronics I guess (for certain things anyway).

It depends where you are noticing the slow down really.

You can reduce the number of days for the Log (in Settings).

Make sure you do not have too many app in one foler (takes longer to load) etc etc/

vjleon11
26-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Some of the time you can fix issues yourself by formatting the device or by restting it. You can enter *#7370#. This will reset it to the factory settings and wipe most of the stuff from the phone (contacts, connection settings etc), so first you have to do a back up of your phone memory (on the memory card or i you prefer with Nokia PC Suite) Your phone will get back to normal then.
Regards

foneman2000
02-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Mine to is slowly loosing its will to live.

bought this phone for 3 reasons

1) Sat Nav - cant get anything desent to work even Route66 isnt working properly

2) Blackberry - I use a Rim 7100v and its big and bulky and just not a nokia

3) Nokia Phone - But even this is provong to be a problem, and all anyone says is try and reset it!!!

Now got a lot of money invested in this, sime free phone, bluetooth gps antenna, Route 66!!!! where do i stop.

slitchfield
07-08-2006, 03:41 PM
1) Sat Nav - cant get anything desent to work even Route66 isnt working properly

2) Blackberry - I use a Rim 7100v and its big and bulky and just not a nokia

3) Nokia Phone - But even this is provong to be a problem, and all anyone says is try and reset it!!!

Now got a lot of money invested in this, sime free phone, bluetooth gps antenna, Route 66!!!! where do i stop.

1) Route 66 is just plain buggy, IME. Complain to them. They were supposed ot be getting back to me with a bug fix, but.....

2) No idea, but I thought Blackberry integration worked these days?

3) In terms of your 'slowdown', it's probable that you're not working as well as you can with the device's RAM. See my:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Work_that_RAM-trying_to_multitask_properly_on_the_Nokia_E70.php

Steve