View Full Version : Mini SD problem! PLEASE HELP!

Ignition101
19-07-2006, 12:04 AM
I just received my Sandisk 2gb minisd from ebay and when I put it in my phone it tells me "Memory Card Corrupted!"........ Since it came with an SD adapter (meaning I can use it as an SD card as well) I tried it in my camera and it still doesn't recognize it...

Any sugestions?
Anyone has a 2gb Sandisk minisd with his E61?

Thanks.....

johnnywcw
19-07-2006, 02:34 AM
try to use card reader to format it, if still the same then should be corrupted.

Ignition101
19-07-2006, 02:45 AM
try to use card reader to format it, if still the same then should be corrupted.It doesn't work even with the card reader....

Ignition101
19-07-2006, 04:51 AM
I just realized that the SanDisk minisd I baught off ebay was a fake..........
It's defective.....

I opened a dispute in order to get my money back.

Lesson learned..... Pay a bit more for items and get real original working products.

euroclie
19-07-2006, 07:24 AM
On a related subject, I've purchased a 2Gb mini SD card (PRETEC brand), which works fine in the E61, but is unreadable with the adapter using memory card readers, or even in a digital camera (still with the miniSD to SD adapter).

The adapter works fine with the original 64Mb miniSD I got with the E61, and when I finally found a card reader that would accept miniSD cards without adapters I was at last able to read the card on my PC.

I'm going to have the card & adapter replaced by the shop anyway, since it's obviously not working as advertized, but I wanted to let you know that in some cases a working miniSD and working miniSD-to-SD adapter, when put together, can result in a defective combo. Weird, isn't it?:con?

nj7
19-07-2006, 08:21 AM
On a related subject, I've purchased a 2Gb mini SD card (PRETEC brand), which works fine in the E61, but is unreadable with the adapter using memory card readers, or even in a digital camera (still with the miniSD to SD adapter).

The adapter works fine with the original 64Mb miniSD I got with the E61, and when I finally found a card reader that would accept miniSD cards without adapters I was at last able to read the card on my PC.

I'm going to have the card & adapter replaced by the shop anyway, since it's obviously not working as advertized, but I wanted to let you know that in some cases a working miniSD and working miniSD-to-SD adapter, when put together, can result in a defective combo. Weird, isn't it?:con?

I confirm also that. The miniSD with adapter for SD doesn´t work in a card reader
! But only the miniSd card, work. Weird, yes, but is like that...

en_croute
19-07-2006, 08:23 AM
The problem might be that the original standard was a 1gb max.
Some appliances (and therefore PC drivers) will not recognise a 2gb card.

Ignition101
19-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Good news guys! I baught an original one from futureshop (SanDisk miniSD 2GB) and it works perfectly! Even in my laptop via the card adapter! And it worked as soon as I inserted it in my E61!

euroclie
19-07-2006, 11:22 PM
The problem might be that the original standard was a 1gb max.
Some appliances (and therefore PC drivers) will not recognise a 2gb card.I can understand why a 2Gb miniSD (in its SD adapter) could be rejected by an appliance (digicam), but in my case, using a card reader that doesn't require an adapter to read the miniSD format proved that the drivers were OK on the PC, since it can read the 2Gb miniSD, when it couldn't with two other card readers requiring the SD adapter. Strange...

chris369
17-12-2006, 07:40 PM
I just realized that the SanDisk minisd I baught off ebay was a fake..........
It's defective.....

I opened a dispute in order to get my money back.

Lesson learned..... Pay a bit more for items and get real original working products.

How did you know it was a fake. I have purchased a kingstone minisd but its not working properly. It wont let me copy an files!! I also got mine off ebay and fear it 2 may be a fake.

HELP

elp
17-12-2006, 08:00 PM
How did you know it was a fake. I have purchased a kingstone minisd but its not working properly. It wont let me copy an files!! I also got mine off ebay and fear it 2 may be a fake.

Contact Kingston CS and give them the serial number of your card. They should be able to tell you if it's fake.

And to all: do not buy memory cards from eBay. I can't remember the source but apparently, 80% of the memory cards sold there are fake. And it's often impossible to tell the difference between a real and a fake card until you actually try to use it.

smallboy
18-12-2006, 06:57 AM
just on a side note about card readers i bought one of these http://www.eliteelectronics.co.uk/Nokia_E61_Desktop_Charger.html#a138728 to save the aggro of using my data cable/charger as i synch my phone several times a day but also i copy music/files via windows explorer and it is as quick as a usb2 card reader without having to take the card out even in pc synch mode.

colonel
18-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't like to be a killjoy, as I just bought my E61 from Amazon marketplace :)But for Memory, CPU and motherboard - always buy from reputable large suppliers. Forums all over the place are littered with unhappy people who bought memory from some on-line market/individual supplier. Also you can generally check your serial number on memory companies web-sites for authenticity. If you want an 'unbranded' card, buy from a reputable site like mobymemory.

rgds