View Full Version : E61 / SmartMovie and a Mac

arythmic
18-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Please, someone tell me how is the world I can convert movies to play on my phone using smart movie from a Mac

I tried Forty-Two, worked fine (so it seemed) but no audio ...
No I am trying FFmpegX using the AVI Xvid setting and the progress is at 150% , 150%, WTF
PLEASE HELP

slitchfield
18-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Please, someone tell me how is the world I can convert movies to play on my phone using smart movie from a Mac

I tried Forty-Two, worked fine (so it seemed) but no audio ...
No I am trying FFmpegX using the AVI Xvid setting and the progress is at 150% , 150%, WTF
PLEASE HELP

By far your best bet is simply to use Apple's Quicktime Pro, exporting any movies you want in MP4 format - you'll find the E61 can play them just fine. See for example the MP4s I create as part of the Smartphones Show (http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/sshow/):

Steve

arythmic
18-07-2006, 07:20 PM
This works fine for playing movies in Real Player, which doesnt allow you to FF or RW (what is up with that)
Hence why I bought SmartMovie, and smartmovie isnt recongnizing .MP4s ... Is it supposed to ?

slitchfield
19-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Of course you can fast forward and rewind in RealPlayer - just hold down the up or down navigator keys.

8-)

Steve

krisse
19-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Of course you can fast forward and rewind in RealPlayer - just hold down the up or down navigator keys.

Yes, FF and RW work fine.

Even my N-gage's real player allows you to do this.