View Full Version : good news & "sad" news (i got to play with a p

verko
30-11-2002, 09:21 AM
I work in a major telecom store here in belgium and on friday there was a launch party for the mms service of one of our national providers (proximus) they'll be using the t68i, the t300 and the panasonnig gd87. but anyway there was a promo shop for sonyericsson where we could test the new service and guess what i saw to my great surprise, two guys both with a p800. at first i could only get a glimpse but then just went up to one of them and ask if i could have a look!! My first inpression was that it seems smaller than youd think, not to heavy and has a great clear screen, i wachted some clips and they were clear and streaming, the phone never had any hicup. the only thing i didn't like was the stylis it's only about 5cm long, but that's not going to keep me from buying it especially for the imode browser, ...

now the sad news, when asking for a release date they both said the end of january, because they want to release everywhere at the same time. But now that i've had one in my hands i'm prepared to wait. The price for belgium (we can't buy with contract its forbidden here) is about 800

MaleBuffy
30-11-2002, 09:25 AM
January you say? Poor guys :(

I am sticking with Series60 for a while......due to lack of software for other platforms!

bowa
30-11-2002, 09:52 AM
i am from belgium too, i hope we dont really have to wait that long, anyway i just probably won a 3650 in the nokiagame, so if i get that one before the p800 i can use that one for a while and sell it when the p800 is available. pitty the 3650 does not have syncml

Cassius
30-11-2002, 11:23 AM
The 3650 does have SyncML (just like the 7650).

Here's the link: http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,35452,015_20,00.html

Do you know what the settings are for SyncML. I would like to use it to sync my 7650 with my laptop, but I have no idea how to get it to work. :(

FEVER
30-11-2002, 12:02 PM
Here also from Belgium ... END OF JANUARI??? pfff ... Can't you get your hands on 3 P800's for the 3 guys from Belgium here on the forum VERKO??? :roll:

I hope this is the final date and it don't gets any later no more!!!

Verko, keep us informed about the progress for Belgium please??

Greetz

Afonso
30-11-2002, 12:15 PM
I still believe(/hope?) that this end-of-January-release-everywere time frame is for mass volume unbranded units.
p800.it guys firmly believe that there will be some small amount of units released to operators for branding and releasing before Christmas.
I think synchronous launch with the JamesBond film would be a smashing marketing sucssess and not too strainfull for the production lines because the film has different opening dates in different countries. But it seams this will not happen because the film is already out in the UK and not a trace of P800's there ...

J2theIZZO
30-11-2002, 12:27 PM
I still believe(/hope?) that this end-of-January-release-everywere time frame is for mass volume unbranded units.
p800.it guys firmly believe that there will be some small amount of units released to operators for branding and releasing before Christmas.
I think synchronous launch with the JamesBond film would be a smashing marketing sucssess and not too strainfull for the production lines because the film has different opening dates in different countries. But it seams this will not happen because the film is already out in the UK and not a trace of P800's there ...

I spoke to my local phone shop and they guy seemed pretty certain that they would be out before x-mas :o

I won't believe it until I see it :-?

verko
30-11-2002, 12:57 PM
the film was launched here on the 28th of november ans also no p800, they're going to promote a limited edition t68i and promote the polyphonic ringtones of the t300.

Fever i'll let you know anything i know

verko

Rear_Admiral
01-12-2002, 10:43 AM
I heard from SE that the silver p800 used in the movie will defenitely not be released (for now) so don't get your hopes up....

GhostDog
01-12-2002, 10:26 PM
I desperately want that device,but like Muffy,i will be sticking with my 7650 for a while,at least until i have the money for something better,the 3650,naah. :)