View Full Version : Questions about E61 on 3

TANKERx
13-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the E61 on 3. Has anyone got experience of how strict 3's Walled Garden actually is? Also, is the E61 severely locked down to third party software?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

baron
13-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I have a Nokia E61 from 3, and to be honest find it very good.

Before this I had the Nokia N80 but returned it due to really bad battery life!

"Walled Garden" on 3 is bad, however you can pay for mobile websites which allows you to view anything on the web, as if your on the PC.

In regard to it being locked down with third party apps not finding this at all, I've installed loads of software on my E61 and all works fine.

Battery life is also ace, loving the WiFi!!!

Only thing you don't have is Camera, but can live without that.

In regard to size it's just a little bit bigger and wider than my old 6680, but it's very light, when in my pocket it feels not bad as it's very thin.

You have 7 days to try out the phone with 3, I recommend you at least try it.

TANKERx
13-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Thank you Baron, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.:icon14:

bodstrup
13-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

I am using an E61 on 3 in Denmark, there are no restrictions and with an unlimited data plan you can surf whereever and whenever you like
regards, Michael

riannn
14-07-2006, 02:16 AM
What is 3? all I know its a number after 2 and before 4 :tongue:

-riannn

N/A
14-07-2006, 10:40 AM
'3' (Three) is the network brand Hutchison is using for their 3G (WCDMA) operator business.

markrich
17-07-2006, 11:07 PM
I have not bothered with the Internet access provided by 3. My home has wi-fi, my local cafe (office?) has wi-fi and my E61 is set to download email from my main account via a group of wi-fi connections when available. My 3mail account comes down the wire for free and my business account comes at 2.50 GBP a month.

Web access I find limiting due to the screensize so prefer my notebook, however if I do need it I use wifi connection again.

Perhaps when 3 come down on the price I will consider paying 3 for access but presently don't need it or want it.

marky