View Full Version : E61: Problems Synchronizing with Outlook Calendar

Vux
07-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I just got the phone and I love it, except that I have problems synchronizing the calendar & tasks (no issues with contacts & notes). PC Suite keeps showing "Reading ID" and the phone eventually times out. Then PC Suite appears to be reading the calendar, but cannot transfer the data to the phone as the connection was already terminated (time out). I wrote to Nokia and they suggested that it might be due to security software (firewalls, virus scanners etc). As I work for a large corporation, I do not have any influence over the security software.

Can I anyone help on this? I am desperate....

Rafe
08-07-2006, 11:10 AM
What are you syncing too? It may be worth making sure you have the most recent version of PC Suite (http://www.nokia.com/pcs/).

Does the Sync Log provide any clues (this is usally available after a sync). I would suspect there may be one entry in the Calendat that it doesn't like.

Vux
08-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks. I am using the most recent version (6.80.22?) - it doesn't do the trick. The log just shows an error message and that synch was incomplete. Any other thoughts?

mgoodson45
08-07-2006, 01:03 PM
PC Suite 6.8.22 is the most stable version I had ever so far at the moment. No problem, no annoying bugs, etc.

I would suggest that you sync with other computer (just to try). Most likely it's your computer problem. Outlook may not allow PC suite to read its data, and user may be needed to choose if that action allowed. there is also possibility where anti-virus, etc may interfere with it.

Vux
08-07-2006, 08:15 PM
I think you are pretty much spot on, but how do I fix it? I need to synch with that particular computer.

Are there any adjustments I could make in Outlook / Windows XP? I have already disabled the virus scan, but over firewalls etc. I have no influence.

What about some adjustments to the USB port settings?

Also, why does PC Suite allow me to sync contacts and notes, but not the calendar & tasks?

Thanks.