View Full Version : E60 PC Suite Sync Error

binoo
07-07-2006, 09:16 AM
on Windows Xp , I work on Lotus Notes v6. Initially my E60 used to sync through Infrared but now it does not. It stops mid way and gives message "System Error" on the phone screen. I am using PC Suite version 6.80.22. What do I do to sort this.:mad:

Rafe
07-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Try using the USB cable that comes with the phone. Some people seem to find that more reliable for connecting to a PC.

feibojie
08-07-2006, 05:22 AM
on Windows Xp , I work on Lotus Notes v6. Initially my E60 used to sync through Infrared but now it does not. It stops mid way and gives message "System Error" on the phone screen. I am using PC Suite version 6.80.22. What do I do to sort this.:mad:

I had this exact same problem happen to me although I was syncing with Outlook 2003, not Lotus Notes. However, I expect that the reason for it is the same because the problem is with the sync software itself.

I spent hours on the phone with Nokia Customer Support on this issue. They tried to help but in the end they gave up and told me to take the phone back to a Nokia Care Center. I do not know what they thought the Care Center would be able to do about it. Anyway, eventually I figured it out myself by trying to think of everything I had done recently that may have caused this to suddenly start to happen after it was working fine. I discovered that I had created a meeting item directly on my E61 phone recently AND THAT I HAD MARKED THAT ITEM AS "NONE" UNDER THE SYNCRONISATION OPTION! When I edited that item to set that option to anything other than NONE, the sync process no longer failed. It is obviously a bug in the sync software. The answer is to make sure you never set that option to NONE.

johnnywcw
08-07-2006, 10:04 AM
my problem is when transfer aac files, always got error. lucky now problem solved

binoo
14-07-2006, 07:16 AM
tried the cable. did not work. still shows "System error" on the phone in the middle of the syncing

fredyngila
15-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Binoo if you have that problem again try re-starting your phone again. Recently i had a similar problem while using USB Cable. I re-started the phone and wallaa...