;)

Ahem....That's posted further down the forum :roll:

Afonso
29-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Darn newbies... always the same!

J2theIZZO
29-11-2002, 12:41 PM
No harm done :D

Just remember we were all 'newbies' at some point :)

Afonso
29-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Yes we were, but most of us were carefull newbies.
Newbies aint bad, careless newbies are... most careless posters are newbies. Forum looses apeal if it gets full of careless repeating posters.

J2theIZZO
29-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Newbies aint bad, careless newbies are... most careless posters are newbies. Forum looses apeal if it gets full of careless repeating posters.

Handbags @ 20 paces :D

29-11-2002, 02:05 PM

Correction, the forum starts to lose its appeal when Forum Veterans start moaning about new users.

J2theIZZO
29-11-2002, 02:23 PM

Correction, the forum starts to lose its appeal when Forum Veterans start moaning about new users.

I agree, we are all welcome here.

Rank means very little.

Now less of this :agrue: and more :bday:

Afonso
29-11-2002, 02:25 PM
OK, I will try to find another forum where there are less careless newbies and people don't mind moaning veterans.
We all would be happier like that. (hope the newbies give you half the info I gave you on my short 80 posts)

J2theIZZO
29-11-2002, 02:34 PM
OK, I will try to find another forum where there are less careless newbies and people don't mind moaning veterans.
We all would be happier like that. (hope the newbies give you half the info I gave you on my short 80 posts)

Ahem....Why are you getting so upset just because a user posted something that had already been said before.

No matter what forum you go to it will be the same, Forum Vet or not, It makes no difference at all.

If you feel that you need to use a different forum then that is your desision, but I think you are blowing this all out of preportion.

Everyone here gives useful and sometimes not so useful info, you are no different from anyone else and I expect everyone to be treated the same regardless of how many posts or how useful you think you have been.

Remember there are real people behind the rank, and some people may not have time to get through every post before posting something theyy think will value the community

Afonso
29-11-2002, 02:39 PM
I am upset because when I try to keep this the most interesting forum I am aware of, by being hard on careless newbies, instead of support I got this.
I can choose to stay or leave.
You can choose to support careless anonimous repeat-posting newbiews or demanding registered original-posting veterans.

J2theIZZO
29-11-2002, 02:57 PM
I am upset because when I try to keep this the most interesting forum I am aware of, by being hard on careless newbies, instead of support I got this.
I can choose to stay or leave.
You can choose to support careless repeat-posting newbiews or demanding original-posting veterans.

As I keep saying!!!

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHAT RANK YOU ARE?

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE REPEAT POSTED IT DOESN'T MAKE THEM A BAD PERSON!!!

I'm shouting now because we keep going round in circles on a POINTLESS subject!!!

I support everyone, a newbie won't be a newbie after 10 posts.

If I repeated something that has already been asked (Which I have), would you get on your high horse at me?....No I didn't think so!

So why should you @ a newbie?

For all you know he could be the Technical Support Manager for SonyEricsson, and has a wider knowledge that you.

The Moral of the Story:

Don't count 'newbies' out just because they haven't posted as much as you or have repeat posted due to the JUST joining.

:evil: ~~~~End of Story~~~~ :evil:

Rafe
29-11-2002, 04:08 PM

Afonso - I very much appreciate the posts you make, you often key me in on things I have missed, so I for one would be sorry to see you go. Inevitably forums get some repetitions, believe me we do try and avoid these, but there's only so much you can do. With sucess comes a busy forum and with that come more of the irritating posts!

Izzo pointed out that there it had already been posted (and he's doing it with his moderator hat on I guess - I sometimes think we could make this clearer as mods in general).

Anyway hope you decide to stay.

Rafe

J2theIZZO
29-11-2002, 04:16 PM
/me takes moderator hat off and goes to the pub :P

29-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Total newbie, but one who's v.interested in the P800.
I checkout this forum a couple of times a day but not to read what amounts to kids bickering :-?
I really do have better things to do! Oh and in-case your wondering I've been in IT for 25 years and mobiles since they were "lugables" so I've left more forums that have degenerated into bad-tempered scraps than I can remember, you're quite right we do have a choice - to stay or go.
Newbies should be welcomed everywhere - who are we to judge?
Experience counts but only when it is used to enlighten, not condemn.
I've no doubt that I'll now get flamed out of existence, if so, fine I'll go elsewhere: I hope that a little maturity will prevail - this really is a decent forum.
Please guys & girls, let's catch ourselves on...

:)
29-11-2002, 08:39 PM
Huh? You guys are fighting again?

How many times have i told you not to fight in the forum?!!?!?

Bad boys, very bad boys... Santa is'nt satisfied, (well i know it's not December yet, but it's around the corner ;))

I think were gonna see alot of coal in SOME PEOPLE's stockings.. I'll make sure you get SWEAT SHIRTS and nothing else.. That P800 you wanted? You can just shift it to next year's chrismast list.

Now go to your room!!! And don't come down till i tell ya!!

ANd no forum posting for you! You're grounded!!!

TheSpecialBoy
29-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Afonso - I very much appreciate the posts you make, you often key me in on things I have missed, so I for one would be sorry to see you go. Inevitably forums get some repetitions, believe me we do try and avoid these, but there's only so much you can do. With sucess comes a busy forum and with that come more of the irritating posts!

Rafe

I was thinking to the same things as Rafe.

In fact Afonso puts a lot of soul in what he is doing here, and is a precise person. Hm..I have to say like a German. ;)

We all need a litle confideence here, and from time to time we need someone to count our efforts and make them public.

Just yesterday I intended to make a post in this way, to thank you (and all) for your efforts in this P800 matters and also in the AAS site.

With time (That`s why newby exists) you will be happy to assist, and post only when you have something to say.

Just take a look at some AAS role models here: Rafe, Dazler, Tank..Whip..Switch.. and so on.

I will close with this:

STRONG PPL DON`T QUIT. And we are all strong here.

Wish U are well.............

headshox
30-11-2002, 01:16 AM
Not wanting to provoke further bickering I would just like to say that it is not fair to have a go at newbies, if that had been the first post I had made here and I had got that response I would have never come back.

You need to realise that when a new user comes to this forum its usually because they:

A) have a burning question that they desperately need answered
or
B) have an interesting piece of informaion they want to share.

Belonging to the 'community' only comes after that (if they choose).
There is no "code of conduct" which new users have to aggree to regarding repeat posts so most have no idea that they must trawl the forum to see if what they have is already posted.

Finally, how would you (Afonso mainly) or any other high ranking user feel if you gave a helpful piece of advice to a user's legitimate question only to be flammed telling you it was posted 5 weeks ago and is on page 1105574 (or whatever) of the forum?!!

Hmm.

:)
30-11-2002, 09:17 AM
I totally agree with headshox, the only reason i did'nt buy a PDA/phone crossover is that the forums over there suck and the form here is great!! (and the fact that i didn't have enough money :P)

ANd Izzo!! You don't have to have someone to tell you you're good!! Look at your self man!! The fastest growing guy in this community, you're were an admin in no time!!

I'm afraid you're ahead of the competition ;) (let's take him down guys!)

:D

J2theIZZO
30-11-2002, 11:26 AM
Just take a look at some AAS role models here: Rafe, Dazler, Tank..Whip..Switch.. and so on

Ahem.....I'm fucking ace!!!!!

DON'T YOU FORGET IT. (SPACEBAR AND ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)]

LOL!!, I always post stupid stuff like this at silly times on a Saturday morning (Hmm.....Wonder why that is.....maybe......Nah!.....Couldn't be.......BEER!)

I'm telling you the beer monkey visited me last night and did all sorts of bad things. :o

I would hardly class myself as a role model, in fact I wouldn't.....I would class myself as the fourm drunk, with too much to say. :silly:

BTW: I hope none of you ever have to see The Beer Monkey

J2theIZZO
30-11-2002, 11:28 AM
I totally agree with headshox, the only reason i did'nt buy a PDA/phone crossover is that the forums over there suck and the form here is great!! (and the fact that i didn't have enough money :P)

ANd Izzo!! You don't have to have someone to tell you you're good!! Look at your self man!! The fastest growing guy in this community, you're were an admin in no time!!

I'm afraid you're ahead of the competition ;) (let's take him down guys!)

:D

You maybe to young now, but I'm telling you.....Don't drink and surf, it's bad for your.........errmmm...........Image.....Or something......Just don't :angel:

Afonso
30-11-2002, 11:59 AM
I feel I owe everibody in this forum, especially newbies, an apology for my unproportionate burst.
I just hate inconsiderate people (SPAMMERS, LURKERS, etc) and was too quick to include a well intentionate poster to that category just because we was too fast to share with us some info and did not take the time to check that the same info had been previously posted.

It's all SE's fault had they released the P800 by now and I would be a more relaxed/happy guy.

Thanks for the support and kind words, I love you all.

J2theIZZO
30-11-2002, 12:02 PM
I feel I owe everibody in this forum, especially newbies, an apology for my unproportionate burst.
I just hate inconsiderate people (SPAMMERS, LURKERS, etc) and was too quick to include a well intentionate poster to that category just because we was too fast to share with us some info and did not take the time to check that the same info had been previously posted.

It's all SE's fault: had they released the P800 by now and I would be a more relaxed/happy guy.

Thanks for the support and kind words, I love you all.

:smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:

MaleBuffy
30-11-2002, 12:04 PM
Nice to see such an attitude :)

FEVER
30-11-2002, 12:07 PM
OOOh, Afonso, this is really nice, especially with the end of the year ... Xmass and all you know! ;)

We all should be a bit more nice for each other ...
and SE for us and get that P800 in the stores before Xmass!!!

:fadein: