View Full Version : Pc Sync replacement that syncs email

stonneway
29-06-2006, 05:39 PM
I am very upset. I have just paid out 200 (about $400) plus tax for an e61, which was advertised as having sync software which was outlook compatible. Of course, stupid me, i assumed that, the e61 being an email device, that that meant it would sync with Outlook. It doesnt !

I am really annoyed. Its a great device, but only half useful now, as i cant take my office emails with me.

When I asked why this was, and asked if anyone could suggest a replacement, on the nokia forums, my post was deleted as it "contained nothing constructive". Which is a great indicator of the importance Nokia places on its users.

So, can anyone recommend a replacement sync package for the E61 that DOES sync email with outlook? Doesnt even have to be a full blown syncing package, just has to do the missing Outlook bit, and ideally over bluetooth (which is one nice feature of the e61).

Thanks

Olly

Rafe
29-06-2006, 06:57 PM
To get true email Sync you need to go with one of the Push email systems. I know this is a bit of pain for people use to syncing their desktop mail via their PC.

You mention you are using Outlook - where is your email coming from? If you're using an Exchange server you can use Exchange for Mail to do all your syncing for you. However this happens via WiFi or a cellular connection.

To be honest Outlook Sync to most people means Contacts and Calendars - I'm not saying you're wrong, but the demand for email sync I would imagine is small (I guess the assumption is why would you sync when you can download email to the device directly).

As far as I know there is no replacement sync package.

stonneway
29-06-2006, 09:08 PM
What is Exchange For Mail? Is it a product ?

The difference between push email and outlook syncing is that push email doesnt neccesarily reflect your inbox at the point you left your office. Outlook can apply rules to emails after they are recieved, people can move items in to your inbox etc which wont trigger a rule to forward to your device.

I'm packing the device up unless I cant find a solution.

Anyone want a cheap e61, jsut like new ?

:mad:

Rafe
29-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Exchange for Mail is a software product. It ships with the E61 (mostly). If not you can download it for free from the Nokia Business site (http://business.nokia.com).

Although this is a Push Mail solution so wont do what you want.

kevinof
30-06-2006, 08:26 AM
PC sync never has and probably never will sync email - that goes for most other phones too. Outlook is not a mail system - its a mail client and most of the time it doesnt even store email- instead it connects to your email server and gets it from there.

If you want to sync your email then connect to your email server using pop,imap, blackberry, exchange, Lotus Domino etc and sync over the air even when you are nowhere near your Outlook client.

mgoodson45
30-06-2006, 10:36 PM
1) Do your research before buying a product, thus it's not the product fault.
2) You can sync email with the following:
a. PC suite using it's email sync in inbox
b. Push email e.g. blackberry, seven, etc
c. Pull email (configure email boxes and configure auto retrieve or manual).
3) Use your web-browser to check your online email
4) Profilmail from lonelycat does a good job for gmail.

elp
01-07-2006, 03:03 PM
stonneway, you've got a Private Message ;)

Yorch
25-07-2006, 02:13 PM
The old but good and trust Sendo X do sync your email with outlook not only the calendar and contacts.

If you really need that xtra you can buy a Sendo X, which probably is very cheap by now.