View Full Version : Battery Life Problems

Ewanm
28-06-2006, 06:01 AM
New user of E61. Does anyone out there have battery life problems, I am lucky to get 8 hours standby. Any suggestions

timsalmon
28-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Switch the Dual Mode reception to GSM - Settings/Network/Network Mode. I found this to be a big help (unless you want 3G on the go all the time, just switch back when you want it).

The answer also depends what you mean by 'in standby'. If you have loads of stuff (memory hungry apps) open in the background (like Music Player or Web) this can be using up your resources too AIUI.

I get at least 2 days out of mine with general but constant use.

Tim

Ewanm
28-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks Tim,

Have switched to GSM hopefully this will helpk. The only app I have running constantly is Mail for Exchange so I can receive my corporate emails. Do you know if you can switch off wifi as this is a big battery drain on other devices.

Ewan

Rafe
28-06-2006, 11:14 AM
You can't switch WiFi right, but you can stop the phone scanning for new WiFi hotspots. This is a setting in Settings I believe.

timsalmon
28-06-2006, 11:22 AM
This can be found in Settings/Connection/Wireless LAN and can be set to 'Never' or 'Yes' (then time scale for scan). Mine was 'Never' by default and I've not had it set to 'Yes' at all, so wouldn't know if that had a devastating impact on battery.

Tim

Ewanm
02-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Tim,

Just to let you know, battery is now holding up well, not been charged for THREE days and used moderately. Thanks again this seems to have been my problem.

Ewan:) :) :)

timsalmon
02-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Excellent!

Tim

silvas
20-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Tim,

Just to let you know, battery is now holding up well, not been charged for THREE days and used moderately. Thanks again this seems to have been my problem.

Ewan:) :) :)
Ewanm,
Have you done something special or just it settled down in time?