View Full Version : Problmes with Office suite

ueseven
25-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi,
1.Word Processor
Sometimes after reopening a saved document, the fonts became "blocks". This happens when I save a .doc into a .txt. Sometimes it's a mix of "blocks" and normal characters even when I started editing it as .doc.

2.Worksheets
When I open a transferred worksheet (.xls) from the PC, the spacing became very small. The cell heights are smaller than the font size and I could not read them.
I try to adjust the row height but I would have to do it cell by cell. Making a selection of cells will hide the row/column height/width menu. Is there a way to do this at row/column level?

I find these 2 issues very annoying. Please advise.

Regards,
Mark

ueseven
28-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I found the cause.
1. It was QuickOffice. After I uninstall it, the problem went away.
2. Still no way to size all the rows (height) at one go. workaround was to reduce the font size.

Rafe
28-06-2006, 03:41 PM
I haven't seent these problems but wanted to say thanks for letting us know your solution.

kartik7k
03-07-2006, 02:01 AM
Hi Mark, i got the same problem, did u find a solution,, i tried to change the fonts from timesnewroman to arial and it worked, try it ,, and plz let me know if there is any other solution.

Hi,
1.Word Processor
Sometimes after reopening a saved document, the fonts became "blocks". This happens when I save a .doc into a .txt. Sometimes it's a mix of "blocks" and normal characters even when I started editing it as .doc.

2.Worksheets
When I open a transferred worksheet (.xls) from the PC, the spacing became very small. The cell heights are smaller than the font size and I could not read them.
I try to adjust the row height but I would have to do it cell by cell. Making a selection of cells will hide the row/column height/width menu. Is there a way to do this at row/column level?

I find these 2 issues very annoying. Please advise.

Regards,
Mark

krisse
03-07-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi Mark, i got the same problem, did u find a solution,

Yes he did, try reading the second post in this thread. :)