View Full Version : so far i love this little device..

amadeus
15-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Hello,

I just received my phone in the mail today, and I just love it, wish it was a tad narrower though.

anywho, I have 2 question or concern:

1. am i suppose to be able to play youtube or google video on this thing?, not that it matter because I didn't buy it for that purpose, but sure nice just in case i need to kill some downtime though.

2. I'm using the email client that came with the unit, should I look into getting something like profimail or some sort?..i would like the unit to pull or retrieve email every 30mins if posible, and I don't think this client has the capability or i just didn't look hard enough..i'm using pop gmail by the way..

any advice would be helpful..thanks..

-amadeus

Rafe
15-06-2006, 08:39 AM
You wont be able to play YouTubes etc because it uses a Flash Video format. You can play other movies either using Real Player (built in) or SmartMovie (avi and DivX)

The built in client is quite good in my opinion and you can set it to do automatic retrieval (see Messaging -> settings -> email -> mailbox name -> retrieval settings). There's a free trial of Profimail so you can always give it a go.

You might also consider getting a hosted exchange account which means you can set up your phone for push email and then you wont need auto retrieval.

I'm not sure what devcie you have but this applies to all Eseries.

Software (including smartmove / profimail found here -> http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/software/Nokia_E61/

amadeus
15-06-2006, 09:14 AM
thanks for the reply..

I will try what you recomend..i have the e61.

looks like its gonna be awhile b4 developers shell out more applications for this phone..

thanks..

Amadeus

Rafe
15-06-2006, 09:41 AM
yeah it will take a while, though even now there's a good set.

See today front page editorial on 3rd edition software

nader_ch
15-06-2006, 10:39 AM
. I'm using the email client that came with the unit, should I look into getting something like profimail or some sort?..i would like the unit to pull or retrieve email every 30mins if posible, and I don't think this client has the capability or i just didn't look hard enough..i'm using pop gmail by the way..

I've tried Profimail and it's great app ! I wish the email client that came with unit have the same feature ...

Is there a way to change the 30 mins to something 5 mins ?

amadeus
15-06-2006, 10:49 AM
I can't move on until I get this email client working..:)

Now I have it setup to retrieve every 30mins, but I get this message "the site has sent an untrusted certficate. continue anyway?"

this defeats the purpose of auto retrieval if i had to acknowledge, where do I go to set this up so it doesn't ask for permission? I can't seem to locate or know the correct settings..

thanks..

amadeus

amadeus
16-06-2006, 04:10 AM
I can't move on until I get this email client working..:)

Now I have it setup to retrieve every 30mins, but I get this message "the site has sent an untrusted certficate. continue anyway?"

this defeats the purpose of auto retrieval if i had to acknowledge, where do I go to set this up so it doesn't ask for permission? I can't seem to locate or know the correct settings..

thanks..

amadeus

I got it..google changed their mail server from gmail to googlemail.com

thanks google!!

Rafe
16-06-2006, 08:26 AM
You can also install a certificate to the phone which means you can avoid these messages. I think there's a post in the forum about this (sorry can't remeber the details right now).