View Full Version : A few visitors have come this way...

Rafe
27-11-2002, 04:15 PM
I haven't got a completely accurate visit count for the history of the site but I do have estimations. So sometime this month (actually I reckon it was a few weeks ago) the total visit count passed 2,000,000. Thats for about 18 months worth.

We're now adding to that at about 200-250K per month.

So here's a big thank you to anyone and everyone who has visited / will visit!

TheSpecialBoy
27-11-2002, 04:34 PM
I haven't got a completely accurate visit count for the history of the site but I do have estimations. So sometime this month (actually I reckon it was a few weeks ago) the total visit count passed 2,000,000. Thats for about 18 months worth.

Put some banners RAFE. We will make a lot of CASH!!!

BTW, Where shall SANTA Claus send you a 9210 Babe?

wahchild
27-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Wow - that's a lot of traffic.

I work on a fairly large Bank web-site and the figures you've got there aren't far off ours.

I'd agree - bring on the banners, you've done a good thing with this site and deserve some reward (but no pop-ups please! :D )

ashby
Just goes to show what a fine site Rafe and the mods run.

Well done

Ashby

JyriK
wow, quite a traffic. :o
Cant imagine what it will be when 3650 & P800 will be released?? :o :o

Rafe
27-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Its over a long period of time dont forget.

Daily visit numbers vary between 5-8 K, because people don't let the banners load every time (intnetially or uniuntentionally) (and also because they do get stored in cache) the actual banner impressions are only around 50,000 per day, thats on page impressions of approx 100-150,000 daily.

Banners - well yes I could do add more, but the the PsiNT is enough IMHO. It pays for the hosting (and a bit more - pays by internet connection costs etc.) and thats good enough for me. Rtaher than flooidng the place with irrelevant banners I'd rather keep it relatively banner free and concentrate instead on providing a nice community.. Rest assured no pop ups will ever come near this site whil I'm around.

If any company is interested in advertising they should contact me direct :) I actually think for this sort of site building brand and being seen to support the community is an important as anything else and therefor Personally I just ignore banner ads, I barely see them when I'm browsing. I'd say if a company offered to say 'support' a section they'd do better out of that - course most people don't agree!

That said I'm going to try and encourage more people to use the Handnago affiliate link (more on this soon), and I'll put up a donation page.

Of course the other thing is that advertising on the internet is in a bit of a low point.

jprz
27-11-2002, 07:52 PM
People asking for banners? :-? That's quite weird anyway. I don't like advertising, especially when watching good action movies like those with 007. Those people who like to watch banners on the internet, can always search sites who have a lot of them. Enjoy the banners, guys! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wahchild
27-11-2002, 07:56 PM
Those people who like to watch banners on the internet, can always search sites who have a lot of them. Enjoy the banners, guys!
:D :D :D

I'm not saying I like them (God Forbid!), just I could put up with them if it's earning the site money. Especially at the price of running a decent website these days :D

TheSpecialBoy
27-11-2002, 09:00 PM
Rafe,

I think that if you will add a site counter will not bother anyone.

My company uses for our site a Traffic counter, whic can give you some relevant informations about visitors, number of pages visited, and so on.

In plus, we will always be able to see at the bottom of AAS how many "visitors" we have ;)

Don`t u agree?

Anyhow, great job, and as I like to say, RAFE should be proud.

Nice Ideea the donation frame.

Dragos

SwitchBlade
27-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Bloody Nora! That's a lot of visitors compared to when I started here a year back.

seanmiguel
28-11-2002, 02:45 AM

this is just a sign of commendation and affirmation that you have built a truly great site, Rafe1 :D

cheers, brah! :D

:)
28-11-2002, 07:30 AM
About banners, please do not put side banners!!! I hate them! They're in some forum sites and i don't visit them because of that! Really annoying, makes my screen scroll :cry:

:D

As for the site, Congrats man!!

CHeers for the great site this is, and for everybody who's supporting

:D

"the smiley has spoken" (looks like new signature material ;))

spikeymike
28-11-2002, 11:06 AM
I just want to take this moment to say what many others have said before... Thanks to Rafe and the mods for making the best Symbian web site around. It sounds really corny, but it's true! And I'm sure a couple of banners wouldn't scare off too many visitors, but I love Rafe's view of them...

"Rtaher than flooidng the place with irrelevant banners I'd rather keep it relatively banner free and concentrate instead on providing a nice community.. Rest assured no pop ups will ever come near this site whil I'm around"

I think we've found the webmaster we've all been looking for.... e.g. one who actually cares about his community!

Rafe.... nice one mate, cheers for the site!

LAuRA
28-11-2002, 07:03 PM
This site is not just about fun buddies yapping. Here you get help when you need it (and sometimes you get the solution even before you have realized that there is a problem), that's what really counts !
Thanks to Rafe and to all who contribute to the community :D

(a nude 'sheep' here and there remains within the tolerance limits... 8) )

GhostDog
28-11-2002, 08:15 PM
Lol LAuRA :)
This is too much,we have girls referring to themselves as sheep :)
Damn sam :)
This place get weirder by the day :silly:

seanmiguel
29-11-2002, 01:30 AM
This site is not just about fun buddies yapping. Here you get help when you need it (and sometimes you get the solution even before you have realized that there is a problem), that's what really counts !
Thanks to Rafe and to all who contribute to the community :D

(a nude 'sheep' here and there remains within the tolerance limits... 8) )

hi Laura!

what you said is probably as precise as one can get about this site. and about the sheep tolerance - that was really nice of you! :D

TheSpecialBoy
17-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Rafe,

Any updates regarding our comunity? AAS I meant... :D

Rafe
17-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Rafe,

Any updates regarding our comunity? AAS I meant... :D

SnowMobile - not quite sure what you mean.

Rafe

TheSpecialBoy
17-01-2003, 03:17 PM
You started this Topic with info`s about number of visitors, and so on?

What about posting latest figures, number of visitors, and so on..

:)
17-01-2003, 06:22 PM
I guess the tracker lost count!! :D