View Full Version : flashy flashy

27-11-2002, 01:00 PM
is the P800 going to have the green led that flashes to tell you it's got a signal like the t68i?

29-11-2002, 03:06 PM
ok as nobody replyed to this I'll give non erricson owners a warning. The t68i has a green LED that flashes constantly to let you know you've got a signal. This doesn't bother some people but it drives some people mad (especially Nokia owners). If you think this sort of feature will drive you nuts make sure the P800 doesn't have it before you buy it, cos if you dont like it, it just gets worse and worse like chinese water torture.

J2theIZZO
29-11-2002, 03:12 PM
ok as nobody replyed to this I'll give non erricson owners a warning. The t68i has a green LED that flashes constantly to let you know you've got a signal. This doesn't bother some people but it drives some people mad (especially Nokia owners). If you think this sort of feature will drive you nuts make sure the P800 doesn't have it before you buy it, cos if you dont like it, it just gets worse and worse like chinese water torture.

Esp when bluetooth starts, then all hell breaks loose ;)

:)
29-11-2002, 08:43 PM
It looks like a 747 preparing to land. :D

Rear_Admiral
29-11-2002, 09:56 PM
Well, actually, its gonna look like.....

This!!!
http://www.pbase.com/image/7738700.jpg

TheSpecialBoy
29-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Do you remember the ad with ericsson 320s?

Looks that someone here was right :D

The Grand`ma is about to BONGO..Bingo..Land whatever...

DmX
30-11-2002, 06:58 PM
P800 has leds

darrylyk
01-12-2002, 03:22 AM
WOW~! ... Nicer Leds... I think LEDS are Ericsson TradeMarks..
Sorry, Nokia Owners :D

MaleBuffy
01-12-2002, 06:00 AM
Oh no dont be sorry, when I sleep at night......there is no led flashing in my face! :D :D :D

darrylyk
01-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Oh no dont be sorry, when I sleep at night......there is no led flashing in my face! :D :D :D

ic, but i just like led flashing in my face... so wat freaking problem do you have, brother?? :D :D :D :D :D

04-12-2002, 03:59 PM
OMG so it has LEDs! I cant believe SE sticking with the this crazy Ericsson trademark! I dunno about everyone else but i dont need a LED to tell me if I have a signal, I just look to see if my operator logo is on the screen, duh!

I know some people like the flashing LED (ericsson-philes) but man, it is just the most annoying, pointless feature ericsson has come up with! Now when you combine this with the fact that the P800 will be a phone that spends alot more time with the user looking at it as opposed to it being next to you head this is gonna drive a lot of people crazy.

That's sealed it for me, I definatly wont be buying a P800 now!

J2theIZZO
04-12-2002, 04:37 PM
I kind of like it and I kind of hate it, I mean the Bluetooth LED when combined with signal LED on the T68i was enough to wake me up thinking that aliens has taken me in the middle of the night and were now probeing me with all sorts of things :-?

But you've got to admit it kind of neat. (Well for the first week or so)

jasperc
04-12-2002, 05:49 PM
As a T39m owner--but a Motorola & Nokia owner before that!--I've gotten used to the flashing. I do however wish that Ericsson would put in an option to turn it off... You could do that on the Motorola phones. Maybe someone will write an app for the P800 that does that. Hint, hint.... :-)

Afonso
04-12-2002, 07:41 PM
I never had an Ericsson before, mainly Nokias (2110, 3110, 5110, 6110, 7110) and Sony (Z5).

Now that I think of this flash thing I can only remeber the times where I was driving alone at night in the dark countryside, wanted to make a call, and could not tell if the phone was on the back seat or somewhere else.
Or when I am at home at night and electricity fails on the whole block if I could find the mobile I could use it's light to find the way to the candle box without stumbling on the cat. I could always make it ring to find it easly but then I would first have to find another mobile to make the call from wink
I think I will not dislike the flashing altough probably will not have it at eye level at bed side table anymore.

brick
05-12-2002, 05:54 AM
I must be one of those weirdos who absolutely LOVE it! I would be sad if the P800 didn't have the trademarks flashing lights. It'd look absolutely lovely dangling from a xmas tree!! :D