View Full Version : N80 Vodafone... To hell and back! HELP!

GazP
10-06-2006, 02:12 AM
You may have seen my previous thread about the problems ive been having... but thats buried and clogged up now...

Basically its been 25 Days now since I got my N80... and Ive just recieved my first bill.... and it only adds to the problems ive had so far!!

To sum it up:

Video calls STILL do not work.
Voice calls are STILL dropping at random...
Ive just recieved my bill, and added up how many calls have failed...

290 Phone calls... of which 81 where to Vodafone support.
221 Cut off before 60 Seconds.
45 Cut off before 3 mins....

Only 24 phone calls that DIDNT get cut off... thats an 8% success rate...

(This is Not the mobiles fault. I have had several replacements..)

And looking at what I have been charged for, I hadnt even used all of my included minutes or texts... but nearly HALF of my calls have been charged fully where they shouldnt have been. And a load of texts aswell.

Now ANOTHER problem starts... A few people who have been calling me from the O2 network, when they FINALLY got through, told me the first few times they called, the call was answered by a stranger???? My number is going to other peoples phones?? ARGHHHH

Ive been pushing vodafone as much as I can to get this sorted and still getting nowhere. The most recent was 6 days ago, they said they are sending an engineer down to my local mast, and he will phone me withing 72 hours to confirm he is looking into the problem.

(How is it my local mast? when it drops calls where ever I am?!!)

Well anyway, 6 days later, and he has not called. I dont think it was going to help anyway!! But now Vodafone AND Phones4u are both stuck, and have no idea what to do.

Does anybody have experience at bitching at network providers? What do I say to get them to finally fix this problem?!?!

(Oh, and how to I convince them to give me 1000 mins 1000 texts for 20 a month? I bloody well deserve it now!)

Any ideas would be appreciated!!

Please help!!

thanks

Jj03
10-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Bloody hell gaz...what an awful predicament. I had a similar situation with orange a couple of years ago. Phone would not work properly (i had five replacement models) and so forth...i took my situation to a no win no fee lawyer..he sent a letter to the network management and within two weeks it was sorted out.

By the way..i went into vodafone yesterday to speak to a friend and he showed me a pile of n80 return's (about 15) all sat against a wall and thick wad of email complaints...

I have gotten my n80 from 02 cpw instead. sim free outta the box...no problems with it at all...

Cash
10-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Bloody hell gaz...what an awful predicament. I had a similar situation with orange a couple of years ago. Phone would not work properly (i had five replacement models) and so forth...i took my situation to a no win no fee lawyer..he sent a letter to the network management and within two weeks it was sorted out.

By the way..i went into vodafone yesterday to speak to a friend and he showed me a pile of n80 return's (about 15) all sat against a wall and thick wad of email complaints...

I have gotten my n80 from 02 cpw instead. sim free outta the box...no problems with it at all...

Phone your local trading standards (TS) and office of fair trading (OFT) (they are really very helpfull) and find out what your legal position is, basically they have supplied you with goods (whether it be physical goods or service) that is not fit for the purpose that it is meant for. this should give you a huge amount of clout to dictate to Voda what you want, tell them to sort the problem out in seven days or you will terminate your contract and have them and port you number to another provider. if they refuse to do this (they always give bullsh*t why they cant) then tell them you will take them to small claims court based on the information given by OFT and TS,

Now there is a really simple way to take anybody to small claims court and you can do it at home online, just go to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp register fill in the form with all the details and they will do the rest for you. when Voda get the court summons they will basically do what ever you say because they wont want a CCJ against. you have to pay a small fee for this but you claim this back in the summons and Voda will have to pay this.

I have used this several times, the last time was against pixmania after I returned my Sendo X because it was not working, they kept telling me that it was because of abuse and they wouldnt refund me and wanted to charge me for the inspection and for fixing the phone, I had proof of all the inherant faults (mostly from the sendo X forum at this site) and after taking them to court they were more than happy to refund me all my money, warrantee costs expenses and court costs before the CCJ was finalised

Money claims online is a very powerfull tool if you are in the right, and very easy to use.

Sometimes you have to take drastic action like this against BIG businesses to get them to sit up and listen and get things done, these days if I find somebody not playing ball after a warning I will just use money claim online.

GazP
10-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the advice cash! sounds like you have had plenty of experience in the above... I will ring them on monday and see what they do

Cash
10-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the advice cash! sounds like you have had plenty of experience in the above... I will ring them on monday and see what they do

I have taken several companies to court and recovered about 5,500 that I wouldnt have gotten if I didnt take the action, the biggest was 2,500 for a sony vaio laptop (I actually got the company (simplyabargain.com) closed down because there were many other people who were having similar problems to me and I wrote exactly what to do about taking the company to court in a forum about simplyabargain and everybody with problems took them to court).

Most people dont realise their rights and what action they can take about suppliers, they just tend to believe what the suppliers tell them if they have a problem, which is usually misguiding bullsh*t, and accept it.

Slap a court summons on the company and they soon change their tune as long as you are in the right and have proof of your problems :)

And like I say TS and OFT are there for the consumers benefit and they are very willing to help,

Good look, would be good to know how you get on.

GazP
20-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Was speaking to one of the customer support rep last monday,
and was still trying to get some of the problems resolved.... she basically told me theres nearly nothing they can do now.... other than wait something like 3 weeks for the technicians to look into it.

After mentioning the word 'OFCOM'... her tone of voice completly changed. She started apolagising several times for the problems I have been having... put me on hold and came back a few mins later.... they agreed to put the current contract number onto a PAYG sim, and give me a new number for the contract.

Hopefully this would sort some of the problems... but I still needed to be available on my old number. So she promised If i call up the day after its been done, i can have the PAYG number re-directed to my new contract number.

-- With the new mobile number the call dropping had stopped... thank god.

When I phoned up the next day, from both my PAYG account and my contract account to several departments of Voda, they where all telling me... "No sir... theres NO WAY to redirect a payg to a contract... etc.."

I had phoned about 8 or 9 times trying to see if someone would do it... they all said no and I even got hung up on twice. After finally requesting to speak to a supervisor, he put me on hold and went of to speak to tech dept. to see if they could do anything. He then came back and told me again, its impossible. and that the previous supervisor who did the number swap had lied to me. Great. He said he would phone back within 30 mins and swap my numbers back.....

A day later and he had not done anything, nor could i get hold of him.

So i went to Vodafone shop in town, and had them swap the number back. Only took a few seconds....

3 or 4 days later, voice calls are now FINE with my old number(which is back on contract now).. no drops. But video calls still dont work.

So i phone up and complain again that video calls are still not working... after being told the same thing I was told over a month ago by one of the support reps.. I demanded to speak to a manager.

By now im stick and tired of explaining the several problems Ive had to people over the phone... ive done it hundreds of times now!

But i had to, once more.. after listing all the problems he looked into my account and told me...

Seeing as i now have 2 numbers, aparently I would have to pay for 2 contracts. One ar 40 and another at 50 a month...... He also said if they had managed to set up a redirect.... i would have been charged for every single incoming phone call.

Also my original contract which was 40 a month, 500mins 250txts had mysteriously changed to only 100txts.... He had no idea why.... and changed it back. This took nearly 15 minutes to do alone.....

Then he flicked some magic switch that was supposed to fix my Video calls.... well its now a week later and they still dont work!! ARGHHHH :mad:

He refunded me another months line rental and told me all my problems would be solved. Bollocks!

Cash
20-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Just phone the manager back and tell him Voda have had enough time to sort these problems out and you are now taking actions to make a claim in the small claims court because you have been supplied be Voda a product that doesn't do what its supposed to do acording to Voda and Voda support seem to have no idea how to remedy your problem so you just want them to release your number so you can move to another network, and refund you all money you have spent with them regarding your N80, also you will be claiming for expences and inconvenience caused because of the loss of the use of your phones calls, and Voda will also be liable for the court costs,

I would get an email out to him, or somebody in a more senior position or department (if they will give you the information) saying exactly that.

wait untill tomorrow then email them back saying that you are dissapointed that they have not responded to you considering the seriousness of the last email and conversation and indicate to them that you are now making a claim against them today, if you make the claim they will have the summons from the court the next working day, it will make them sit up and listen.

Its up to you if you want to do it or not, or wait another day to see if they rspond, but if it was me I would go for it, infact I would have done it along time ago after the first round of Bullsh*t from them.

and dont forget to just double check with OFT and TS (you can get all numbers of your local offices from the net)

Let us know how you get on

trifonov
21-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Wirelessly posted (NokiaN80-1/3.0 (3.0611.0.8) Series60/3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

You may have seen my previous thread about the problems ive been having... but thats buried and clogged up now...

Basically its been 25 Days now since I got my N80... and Ive just recieved my first bill.... and it only adds to the problems ive had so far!!

To sum it up:

And looking at what I have been charged for, I hadnt even used all of my included minutes or texts... but nearly HALF of my calls have been charged fully where they shouldnt have been. And a load of texts aswell.

Now ANOTHER problem starts... A few people who have been calling me from the O2 network, when they FINALLY got through, told me the first few times they called, the call was answered by a stranger???? My number is going to other peoples phones?? ARGHHHH

Ive been pushing vodafone as much as I can to get this sorted and still getting nowhere. The most recent was 6 days ago, they said they are sending an engineer down to my local mast, and he will phone me withing 72 hours to confirm he is looking into the problem.

Well anyway, 6 days later, and he has not called. I dont think it was going to help anyway!! But now Vodafone AND Phones4u are both stuck, and have no idea what to do.

Does anybody have experience at bitching at network providers? What do I say to get them to finally fix this problem?!?!

(Oh, and how to I convince them to give me 1000 mins 1000 texts for 20 a month? I bloody well deserve it now!)

Please help!!

thanks

At least get your phone unlocked.i am no longer happy with vodafone.called them last week,gave them hell and got my unlocking codes for free.it's worth trying o8

trifonov
21-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Wirelessly posted (NokiaN80-1/3.0 (3.0611.0.8) Series60/3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

To sum it up:

Please help!!

thanks

At least get your phone unlocked.i am no longer happy with vodafone.called them last week,gave them hell and got my unlocking codes for free.it's worth trying o8