View Full Version : Changing contact list display

Poach
07-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the display of the contact list. I like to arrange my contact list by first name in the display. This was possible on other nokia phones. I've tried searching through the settings and changing the file saving in outlook. Any ideas?

Cash
07-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I am sure I saw this option somewhere on the phone..I will look see if I can find it again

Cash
07-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Goto contacts > options > settings and you can chane to list by first name, or surname

mrdannyaitch
07-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when I get a text message, the name always appears surname first, even though I have my contacts set up in first name order. :mad:

Gets me down. I wonder if it's something to do with having numbers on the SIM card as well as on the phone? Pretty stupid reason if it is.

Poach
08-06-2006, 12:08 AM
That's where I thought it was. My phone does not have the settings section under options in contacts. My old Nokias have all had the settings tab but this N80 doesn't. I've bought my phone in Hong Kong so I wonder if there are some regional differences.

Cash
08-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Maybe if you update the firmware with the one oth the other version packs you may get this option, unless you really need the language for where you bough the phone from

tmbr
29-06-2006, 09:17 PM
That's where I thought it was. My phone does not have the settings section under options in contacts. My old Nokias have all had the settings tab but this N80 doesn't. I've bought my phone in Hong Kong so I wonder if there are some regional differences.

I believe this is a firmware issue. My phone came with APAC (english and chinese, V11) and I also don't have the "settings" opetion under contacts>options. Time for a firmware update! If only I could find brazilian portuguese + western english... :)