View Full Version : Locking out with wlan connection

nchesh
04-06-2006, 05:48 PM
I am having problems where if I connect with my home metwork to access the internet, when I walk out of range the connection locks out and I have to power the phone down to reset this.
Does anyone have a simlar problem, is this one of the problems which would be fixed by an update?

Regards

Neil

Cash
04-06-2006, 05:58 PM
I never experienced this problem, but my phone has locked several times.

You should update the firmware anyway, its quite a simple process...what version firmware have you got *#0000# to check

nchesh
04-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi

I have version 3.0614.0.3 I know that a number of problems seemed to have been cured by the latest firmware. Problem I have is finding somone to flash the latest upgrade, I am loath to do it myself. Have tried Carphone Warehouse , through whom I purchased the phone, without any luck.

Neil

Cash
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
The actual flashing of the phone is the easiest part, installing the software on your computer to flash the phone is a little tricky, it took me 3 attempts to get the software on correctly.

once the software is installed on your pc if you follow the instructions correctly and you plug in your phone then its a simple process of locating the firmware and pressing a button to start the upgrade.

Dont be too affraid to try

nchesh
04-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the advice and if necessary I will try, but I would prefer a noia service centre to try first.

Will no doubt be coming back to ask advice.

thanks again Neil

Cash
04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
No Probs.

I would suggets downloading and installing the software to your PC up untill the point that you need to connect the phone, then if you feel comfortable then give it a go.

I do know somebody posted on here that his battery ran out halfway through the update and he thought he may have F**ked his phone, but after recharging and updating again his phone worked perfectly so that would suggest to me that if something goes wrong then it is a recoverable problem,

Obviously just make sure your battery is fully charged if you try it.

there are many people who have updated here and nobody except that one incedent above has had any problems.

As always its at your own risk if you try it.

nchesh
04-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Okay

I will be checking over the next couple of days whether I can get it upgraded but failing that will try myself, want to make sure I have my old 6670 spare just in case. I note that there is a couple of threads about the upgrade but do you have any clear advice as to which programs, where to download from and a clear set of instuctions (idiot proof I may add) or should I just follow the threads.

Neil

Cash
04-06-2006, 10:01 PM
LOOK HERE

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46864

all information is contained here, and all downlaods.

you are from UK so just need to download V01 (firmware)

http://rapidshare.de/files/21863007/Firmware.rar

and these 2 downloads

Phenoix 2004 + Diego + con drivers

http://rapidshare.de/files/21865605/phoenix_service_sw_2004_39_7_70_diego_con_cable_dr ivers.rar

Pheonix 2006

http://rapidshare.de/files/21868629/phoenix_service_sw_2006_12_5_136.rar

UNINSTALL ALL OTHER NOKIA SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS FROM YOUR COMPUTER FIRST

first install diego

then you need to install pheonix 2004

Then install cable driver

and then install pheonix 2006

BUT FOLLOW THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS IN THE OTHER POST

nchesh
05-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Again

Many thanks for your help and appreciate your time, will download and if I cannot get update sensibly at service centre will give it a go.

Neil

entwisi
05-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Is it only me that keeps getting invalid session at rapidshare?

I've tried about a dozen times now and every single time it fails. I am trying within 5 seconds of the link becoming available so its not a timeout.

Cash
05-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Is it only me that keeps getting invalid session at rapidshare?

I've tried about a dozen times now and every single time it fails. I am trying within 5 seconds of the link becoming available so its not a timeout.

I just checked every link and they all work fine for me ..

entwisi
05-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Strange, I'm accessing this at work through a standard wifi point. I'll try at home tonight.