View Full Version : Storage Card Unavailable.

Fatbloke
04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm sometimes getting this message when I use the camera function on my N80.
As the camera starts up, I can see from the icon that it's checking for the memort card, but then I get a meesage saying the card is unavailable and reverts back to using the phone memory.

The card is correctly placed in the slot and it has had stuff on it already so I'm not sure what else to do...

Do you have to reformat the card whenever you remove the camera battery? I had the N80 lock up on me a couple of days ago - had to remove the battery to restart it.

Cash
04-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I have exactly the same 2 problems as you, sometimes with camera on the phone doesn't recognise the card, and on probably 4 or 5 occations the screen goes white and locks up then I have to remove the battery, I can live with the second broblem, but the first problem is getting to be a pain as I use the camera quite alot.

bikespod
04-06-2006, 01:38 PM
yup me too, i seem to have solved it ,for now at least, by selecting the remove memory card option on the menu you get when you press the power button.
had an idea that just taking it out without selecting this might have caused the problem. hope it works for you too. did a power off and on afterwards too.

Cash
04-06-2006, 01:45 PM
cheers bike, I will give it a go

Fatbloke
04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Strange, seems that option only exists when the card is being picked up by the phone!

I checked my list, no 'remove card' option. Popped out the card and put it back in - the phone beeped as I did. Then checked the list and the option was there. Camera also picked up the memory card first time. :rolleyes: