View Full Version : Canīt see videos on my Nokia E61

vcasqu
02-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I have sent mpeg4 videos to my E61 via bluetooth, and when opening the message containing it, i get a message saying "unknown file format". Anyone knows what is happening?
Txs a lot

Rafe
04-06-2006, 10:55 AM
You need to make sure you have the MP4 video in the right codec. You can either re-encode the video or try SmartMovie which has a greater range of cdecs supported.

slitchfield
17-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I have sent mpeg4 videos to my E61 via bluetooth, and when opening the message containing it, i get a message saying "unknown file format". Anyone knows what is happening?
Txs a lot

It may be that the MPEG-4 videos are designed for larger screens and faster processors. MP4-compliant mobile hardware tends to have a few upper limits on bitrate and screen resolution, for example.

Try my MP4-encoded video podcast, http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/sshow/

Steve

teroT
19-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Incidentally, the video podcasts (those newer ones with .mp4 file extension) on the Smartphones Show are the only ones that I was able to view on the full resolution of E61. I was not able to produce such material by myself (with FFMpegX on Mac). Steve (or somebody), could you reveal how to do it?

bodstrup
19-06-2006, 09:07 PM
The free conveter, Super at http://www.erightsoft.net/SupCk2.html will do the job nicely.

Select Mpeg4 for container and compression, 320x240 for size and a bitrate around 280-300 Kb/s for smooth video.

Smartmovie from Lonelycatgames is another (not free) tool that I use most often. It is fast and easy and comes with both phone divX player and PC based converter.

It can convert DVD movies as well, although you need a decoder like anydvd to open encrypted DVD's

Regards
Michael

slitchfield
20-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Incidentally, the video podcasts (those newer ones with .mp4 file extension) on the Smartphones Show are the only ones that I was able to view on the full resolution of E61. I was not able to produce such material by myself (with FFMpegX on Mac). Steve (or somebody), could you reveal how to do it?

I use Quicktime Pro:
"MPEG-4-improved" encoded Quicktime MOV file, 300kbps, 320 by 240
Sound AAC-LC, 22KHz, 64kbps or similar

Although the exact settings aren't that important. What IS important is not to use a wacky MPEG-4 variant and not to push the frame size or bitrates too high, I suspect.

Steve Litchfield