View Full Version : N80 Sliding function (Close phone without hanging up?)

ants337
02-06-2006, 09:18 AM
When I'm on a call, how do I close the phone (slide the phone down) so i can make the phone smaller WITHOUT hanging up on the person i'm talking to??

please help this is quite annoying.

thanks

TazUk
02-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Curiously mine (bought sim-free) doesn't hangup the active call if I close the slider. I just get the usual "Lock Keypad" prompt but the call stays active.

AFAIK I haven't changed anything in the phone config to have it this way - unless it's related to the anykey answer option (which I have switched off).

HTH

Jay3gsm
02-06-2006, 09:56 AM
When I'm on a call, how do I close the phone (slide the phone down) so i can make the phone smaller WITHOUT hanging up on the person i'm talking to??

thanks

When in call, press the menu button then close the slide.

mcsleazycrisps
02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Doesn't work for me, closing the slide always ends the call..

Vicky
02-06-2006, 02:29 PM
When you Make a Call Just after Making the call close the silde, i will not cut the call but if the cal is been acepted i.e. the call duration has been started then you close the slide it will hang up the Call.

duncliffe
02-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I think if you hold down the left selection key during the call as you close the slider should work. It used to be like that on the Nokia 7650

thanks

blkcliostu
03-06-2006, 09:56 AM
As soon as you dial the number close the keypad and the phone will keep ringing.

STu

mcsleazycrisps
05-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Cheers guys, both worked - closing before it starts ringing, or holding the left soft key whilst closing the slide.

inkredi
29-12-2006, 05:50 PM
i want the other thing,
my n80 doesnt hang up when i close the slider, but i WANT IT TO
is there anything i can do so that the phone hangs up when i close the slider ??