View Full Version : E61 - another IMAP problem

markpaterson
28-05-2006, 11:32 AM
I have configured the E61 correctly for .Mac IMAP mail, and i can send and recieve emails just fine.

I am synchronized (subscribed) to my IMAP 'Sent Messages', and if I send an email from my Mac or webmail, it DOES appear in the 'Sent Messages' folder on the E61.

The problem is getting it to work the other way, ie - when sending mail on the phone. I can't get the E61 to copy (upload) the sent message to the 'Sent Messages' folder. Instead it only copies to the 'Sent' folder, where text messages go. This is very frustrating.

This is not how IMAP is meant to work!

I have tried Profimail and it works ok, as there is an option to copy sent mail to a folder, which I selected as 'Sent Messages' (the .Mac IMAP folder). Is there such a settinf in the default client? I refuse to pay for Profimail when the Nokia one should work. Besides, Profimail is ugly.

jcatan
05-06-2006, 02:10 PM
I use .mac and Fastmail. Sent messages are not sync'd with either. I just blind copy myself and use a filter to move those messages to the sent folder automatically.

Profimail has lots of features I like, but I don't get push mail with it. I have to depend on timed pull. However, it does sync the sent mail from the phone. I want push, so I'll stick with the built-in emai for now. And, yes, Profimail is ugly.

Rafe
05-06-2006, 02:34 PM
I believe this is a limitation of the built in mail client. I guess there's only so many settings they can have, which is a shame, because as you say it rather under mines the point of IMAP!